PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul screen? Is it my eyes?

Do this simple test... download a pure white background and view it at landscape fullscreen with your Mogul. Is your left side white and your right side slight yellow? I have seen this with all the Moguls I have come across. If you never noticed it then it does not bother you. But once you notice it its kinda terrible. Again you can do it at portrait mode too, at portrait view the white side is at the buttom and yellow side is at the top. Both color merge in seamlessly in the middle. Even my GF super bright white erfect Mogul has this analomy. Please do this test and find out cuz my peepers are hurting.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
Do this simple test... download a pure white background and view it at landscape fullscreen with your Mogul. Is your left side white and your right side slight yellow? I have seen this with all the Moguls I have come across. If you never noticed it then it does not bother you. But once you notice it its kinda terrible. Again you can do it at portrait mode too, at portrait view the white side is at the buttom and yellow side is at the top. Both color merge in seamlessly in the middle. Even my GF super bright white erfect Mogul has this analomy. Please do this test and find out cuz my peepers are hurting.
I dont see what you see but i noticed on my brand new (super custom delux WM6 tit-gul) does the strangest thing with Cleartype turned on:

Things that are white appear to flicker red, some text has an obvious red outline.

lol - i know how you feel, i sat there for 20 minutes wondering if it was me or if i just needed to cut down on the spinach
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
tit-gul? what in gods name is that? You must download a blank white background then it becomes obviouse.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
The screen issue again? Really? I'm gonna say it's your eyes since you are basically the only user that keeps finding issues with the screens of different devices.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
common.. do that simple test. I found this anomaly on 4 other moguls including my GF perfect mogul. This test takes about 1 minute to do.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
don't see it myself.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mine's fine - don't see it with either MS Word or PhatPad with an empty screen.

If you want to post a white 320x240 jpg here, I'll look at it (not gonna take the time to find/create one myself).

Last edited by willysp; 10-29-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Something similar happens to me but it's not what you've stated. If you display an all black page, for example, an idle (black) screen in TCPMP, the left side (in portrait mode) or the top side (in landscape) appears to be somewhat (obviously) faded. Nothing in destructive nature has occured with my phone and I have a Seidio hybrid case/holster.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SINNN is a n00b
willkor3.... I bet if yo do that test that I mention, u will see that im correct. you don't need a white background really. put the phone hone in lanscaped and go to you backlight slider setting page. Tha page is almost all blank. The really closely look athe the difference between left and right side. I think all moguls are like this. Just that we never really noticed it.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Sprint) w/ Fresh 1.1 Rom

sprintdude07 is keeping up the good worksprintdude07 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sprintdude07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
The screen issue again? Really? I'm gonna say it's your eyes since you are basically the only user that keeps finding issues with the screens of different devices.
the world isn't perfect...... neither are electronics, If I was Sinnn, I would just get rid of my Mogul if im having that many problems. granted the phone has alot of problems... but I guess we will have to deal with it until further notice.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan