PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: did the sprint 2.16 work good for you?
yes, the update has been good with no problems. 152 38.38%
no, the update didn't work. still have many problems. 140 35.35%
haven't installed rom update yet. just like to vote on polls. lol. 104 26.26%
Voters: 396. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb View Post
Alright..I just started experiencing the phone getting really really slow after going in and out of roaming..

But I think I've got a quick fix for it..

Go into your phone connection settings and set it to "Sprint Only"..I was worried at first that in a low signal environment I might run into troubles doing this, however the phone still appears to go into digital roam even with this setting set..it does appear to stop the phone from entering analog roam, however.

So far since I set it like this the phone has been fine..you guys may want to give it a shot.
This has working for me, thanks!

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 10-29-2007, 01:28 AM
N00b

savy1 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to savy1
updated also on my MOgul,
So far so good.
Had an issue with the dpad once, but never again after that day.
So for me.... It's Good Money..
Now if only RevA would get activated, so I can send files.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started
hmm... I had this ROM since the time its been posted and I only had my mogul froze one time. The BT problem... I haven't experience it because I dont leave my BT on. Though, one day I forgot to turn it off and it was on the whole time.

other then that... I have no problem with this ROM. I still feel the Alltell ROM had better free memory... my phone would stay at 22k all day... With this ROM, it starts at 24k at soft reset and then goes to like 18-19k by the end of the day. I also notice Wifi drops your memory too.

Even though right now I have no problems, I think I'm leaning to get the Touch when it drops. The mogul is better then most phones, but still gives me headaches every now and then.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Any status on fixes?

I shut off my bluetooth completely while home and it made the phone 100% more stable. However, now I'm up in canada for work, and roaming - and the phone crashes almost every time it goes to sleep
-mark
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn
My phone crashes when it goes to sleep as well. The alarm works now IF the phone has not crashed.

What is causing the crashing? This is REALLY annoying. This phone would be great if you didn't need to receive calls on it

Donna
Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
I've used the new rom solidly since it released. On average my phone is now more stable.

I get crashes sometimes right after installing programs or messing with the Today items, which occurrs only once and is fixed by a soft reset.

Other than that my phone is more stable, freezes less in general, and does not freeze when low signal, switching between EVDO/1x, etc.

I don't use BT however, so I can't attest to any issues with or related to that.

So between the ram leak being better, faster response on all applications, less typing delay and alarms always working I'm going to stay on the new ROM until another comes out. I had more problems on the old ROM than I do on this one.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

NightMKoder is a n00b
The ROM is good sans the two new bugs. Seems that they fixed the enormous alarm bug only to introduce two that are even worse.

If you are in an area that switches between 1X/EVDO/Roam during a daily walk (like me) the phone crashes every single time. It doesn't even have to be in sleep mode, it just crashes before a call or after a call.

I don't really use BT much (except as modem), so you can download dcd's new ROM/Alltel radio @ ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....1.40_radio.rar .

It works like a charm and doesn't freeze and you still get the improved memory handling.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
well mine started out okay, but last two days I've been missing calls, resetting left and right.............so I installed the previous one

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan