PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 06:03 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
no2chem,

any chance we could get you to redo your coredll.dll port using alltel's xip (thus their nk.exe) ? i believe sprints 2.16 nk.exe is the source of the 'wont resume from standby with bt on' bug, present in that rom, your rom, my rom.

i am still trying but unsuccessful...
i can also provide you with a 5.2.1933 xip, if you need. 5.2.1978 is rumored fake i guess.
thanks
Old 11-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
no2chem,

any chance we could get you to redo your coredll.dll port using alltel's xip (thus their nk.exe) ? i believe sprints 2.16 nk.exe is the source of the 'wont resume from standby with bt on' bug, present in that rom, your rom, my rom.

i am still trying but unsuccessful...
i can also provide you with a 5.2.1933 xip, if you need. 5.2.1978 is rumored fake i guess.
thanks
can you tell me the exact steps to reproduce the bt standby issue? I can't readily reproduce it myself, but then again, i'm running a whole different xip set.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
can you tell me the exact steps to reproduce the bt standby issue? I can't readily reproduce it myself, but then again, i'm running a whole different xip set.
Turn on BT, and let the device go into standby (screen off). Wait a while and press the power key. The device will not wake up.

Edit: Or as nosmohtac says below the Dpad will not work.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif

Last edited by budney; 11-04-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
I just installed the nueROM .3 b3024, and as soon as I turned on the bluetooth and woke the phone back up the DPad quit working.

Is this also the case with the .2 ROM? Is there a fix for this yet in the 2.16 ROM?

Other than that I like the speed and simplicity of this ROM.

I use BT all of the time though so this is a dealbreaker for me.

Thinking of trying the 2.08 ROM with the 1.40 Radio
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
tried your rom

I have tried your rom (0.3 ALPHA) both installed as is and adding a few things to it with oems.

One thing I have noticed is live search, wether installed as a cab or an oem in the rom, does not run. It appears it is installed, but nothing happens when you tap the icon.

Also, in internet explorer on the default IE sprint homepage, Unknown device comes up. Is there a way to fix that?

Bluetooth turns on and works properly so far, I have had some slight dpad issues... i did was the other person said.. turned on BT and let it suspsend. woke the phone up and it did not work, but after pressing the keys repeatedly it did for a sec, then stopped again. I did notice if you turn the wifi hardware switch on and back off, the dpad started working again completely.

I know they may have been able to pull the BT drivers from the touch/vogue, so maybe that would help.

Last edited by superevilllama; 11-08-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Munkee915 is a n00b
I am running the alpha rom and have no issues w/ live search. Im using the latest version.

My problem is IE is not displaying my MMS messages. Goes to the sprint page but i get big blank games and cant see the pics or vids.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Alight figured out my live issues..

Anways.. this is an excellent rom as is. (.03 version) I have built a rom out of it and added quiet a few things and everything runs properly as well as remaining stable. I would love to know what you are considering updating, and if you need any additional testing done. Being that it is very bare, it is very easy to use it as a base for a kitchen.

Thanks!

Last edited by superevilllama; 11-09-2007 at 12:22 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan