PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jlh11364 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Transparent Curtains

I am still doing something wrong. I have checked the skinning option, used the settings listed above and I still get the black task bars and soft key bar. Is there something I am missing? It seems like I read about a method to cut and past an image with the proper dimemensions to continue the picture. I have mad some chances by changing the background color on the settings page. Still not close enough.

Also, I have a two files called "taskbar and softkey bar saved, they are black. If I cut and paste part of an image could that work?

Last edited by jlh11364; 12-03-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

I don't have a screenshot right now because I did it then went back to black taskbar/softkeys because I didn't like how it looked with my wallpaper. I'll maybe do it again later and post a shot.

Here's what I did.

Open HDWall and click on Load.
Select your background image (preferably 480x800, but can be other sizes and will be resized/cropped.) Make sure the Target and Selection sizes are 480 x 800. (Might need to Auto crop & resize or Resize Full Image)

Check the 2 Opacity sliders and make sure they are 0 for full transparency.

Hit Apply then Close that window.

[Optional]
Repeat the steps above for Landscape, but rotate the image as desired and resolution will be 800 x 480.

Now on the main window go to Config.

Select TouchFLO v2.0 - No Compression - Home Tab (Or All Tabs if you like)

Click the Advanced Profile Editor selection near the bottom and it will expand the window.

Check the box for WM6.5 Taskbar and SoftKey Skinning

Click OK.

Under Application Title put whatever you want to call this. (Will show up in the Remove Programs window)

Choose a destination path and filename for your cab file.

Select the options to Include Portrait Wallpaper and Landscape Wallpaper (If used) along with the default checked items Automatically Restart TouchFLO 3D, and Delete Wallpaper Manila files after CAB creation.

Press Convert and lt it do it's thing for a minute or 2.

After that is done, press Create CAB and you are done in the app.

Copy the cab file you just made to your phone and run it after you go into Settings Today and toggle TouchFLO off. Restart your device and when it reboots you should have a full transparent wallpaper on the home screen or all tabs depending which option you chose. Hope this helps.

FYI, an uninstall will return it back the way it was.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio
Threadstarter

jlh11364 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks Fwaits. My problem was the setting the resolution size. Its a wonder what happens when you hit the right button. Everything looks great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen02jp.jpg (59.3 KB, 190 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Excellent. =)
Old 12-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 Rhodium
Carrier: sprint

mattmark2305 is a n00b

I have a touch pro and i tried this process and it didn't work. Do i have to change the process since its a different phone?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

You should be able to follow this pretty much the way it reads with exception to selecting TouchFLO 2.1 not 2.0. Let me know if that helps.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

bignhick is a n00b

Try Point UI, If you download the free version there are many themes to choose from. Try the pointsense theme, latest version. I was running it on my vogue till I got my Imagio and it was just like my brothers Droid.
If I'm not mistaken, once you are running this, you just have to go to setup and choose transparent curtains (or fullscreen option) and you can choose wallpaper in setup.

Its available here:
http://www.pointui.com/

and you can watch it action here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PuZBzkPNr4
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
I don't have a screenshot right now because I did it then went back to black taskbar/softkeys because I didn't like how it looked with my wallpaper. I'll maybe do it again later and post a shot.

Here's what I did.

Open HDWall and click on Load.
Select your background image (preferably 480x800, but can be other sizes and will be resized/cropped.) Make sure the Target and Selection sizes are 480 x 800. (Might need to Auto crop & resize or Resize Full Image)

Check the 2 Opacity sliders and make sure they are 0 for full transparency.

Hit Apply then Close that window.

[Optional]
Repeat the steps above for Landscape, but rotate the image as desired and resolution will be 800 x 480.

Now on the main window go to Config.

Select TouchFLO v2.0 - No Compression - Home Tab (Or All Tabs if you like)

Click the Advanced Profile Editor selection near the bottom and it will expand the window.

Check the box for WM6.5 Taskbar and SoftKey Skinning

Click OK.

Under Application Title put whatever you want to call this. (Will show up in the Remove Programs window)

Choose a destination path and filename for your cab file.

Select the options to Include Portrait Wallpaper and Landscape Wallpaper (If used) along with the default checked items Automatically Restart TouchFLO 3D, and Delete Wallpaper Manila files after CAB creation.

Press Convert and lt it do it's thing for a minute or 2.

After that is done, press Create CAB and you are done in the app.

Copy the cab file you just made to your phone and run it after you go into Settings Today and toggle TouchFLO off. Restart your device and when it reboots you should have a full transparent wallpaper on the home screen or all tabs depending which option you chose. Hope this helps.

FYI, an uninstall will return it back the way it was.

fwaits i tried this method and for some reason cant get it to work i install the cab switch tf3d back on reboot and the backround shows for a second then goes back to default can you tell me what am i doing wrong or maybe you can cab it for me if i post the wallpaer thanks
Old 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Not sure why that would be offhand. Send me the background and I'll try it out and see if you get better results.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:55 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks man

Last edited by maxtcee; 12-15-2009 at 05:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio