PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

jiujitsukey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Headset Icon stuck

forgiven
Old 01-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio

prince_ed is a n00b

I had the same problem on Friday. Hard-reset my phone, no luck. Did the same thing as you all have done; tried to plug and unplug head set jack etc. Finally hard reset last night, and turned off the phone for nearly 24 hours. Went to Verizon today, turned on the phone, and it is now working, and has been since. Not sure what the problem is.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

monaco30 is a n00b

Found this on a palm treo forum and it worked for my touch pro 2(I'd give the link in normal form, but I am not allowed cause I need 8 more posts. it's discussion/treocentral/com...replace the "/" with ".").

In any event, I no longer have the headset icon on my screen and I am back to normal...for now. no need for a return or any other nonsense...good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
here with an update (reposting this from my message on palms forums)

SOLUTION: Alright guys, found (correction, my helpful brother found) a solution to the problem. I got the Pre on June 6th and had this problem about a week later. I returned the pone and got another one. For hardware reasons, I had to get another phone after that. Long story short, after having the replacement for about a week, the speaker and mic cut out on this phone too.

We've began researching this for a few days and pretty much decided it was a software problem, and may or not not have been caused by Pandora. The general online concensus is that the phone continues to think that the phone is in headphones mode (either from pandora or just plugigng the headphones in[idk if third party headphones play a part or not]). Im not sure where the post came from, so if you wrote it originally, feel free to take credit:

" I've posted this on another thread but figured I'd post here as well. I've been having the same issue (in which the phone app is still showing a headset icon in the bottom left). The above instructions didn't work but I figured out another fix. in the phone app I called my voicemail with my headset connected, then clicked Mute and unplugged the headset. It immediatly started working as advertised. Then just to test I went into the Music app and Pandora and they worked fine as well. Hope this helps"

IT WORKED. Immediately after trying this I got sound back form the speaker (and the mic worked), after having to use bluetooth for almost a week.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

dan23945 is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to dan23945

I'm having this issue right now. Tried a soft reset, hard reset, and the trick in the above post with no luck. Went to a corporate Verizon store and they called the Verizon support line and handed the phone over to me to talk to them about my troubleshooting steps. They decided to send a refurb replacement.

The local store said they couldn't swap it out with a new imagio. I bought mine the day it came out in October. Hopefully the one I get is in good shape. Do the new Imagio's have a newer Firmware or TF3D version? I wonder if the one I get will be updated...
Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Viva
Carrier: Vodafone

pi_yush is a n00b

"I figured out another fix. in the phone app I called my voicemail with my headset connected, then clicked Mute and unplugged the headset. It immediatly started working as advertised. Hope this helps"

Hi,
For me this one does not work.
I tried calling another number, putting it to mute and puling out headphone.
Nothing happens, no sound on speaker and I always have to use the headphone.

And since the software is thinking the post has headset connected, it is not even allowing me to sync the phone to PC..

Can someone help pls....
Piyush
Old 04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

monaco30 is a n00b

So I started having this problem again yesterday (headphone icon stuck in the taskbar up top). So damn annoying! The problem started after I was listening to some music on the touch pro 2 through the headphones. I haven't listened to the music on my phone in a while and it definitely seems the native music player can be the culprit (I have used the youtube program and listened to stuff through my headphones and never had a problem).

At first, it didn't work when I tried the fix I posted a few back. But I then realized that every time I plugged the headphones in it would start up voice command (microphone popping up in task bar). So I disabled voice command and then tried the mute/remove headphones trick. It worked! Back in business. If anyone was trying the fix and had voice command going, this could be the issue. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Lurker
Carrier: tmobile

Fm² is a n00b

ahhh mine is stuck too any way to fix it using a cab or reg modification ?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

magnumz32 is just getting started

damn i thought this was cause i flashed a new rom on it, never saw the issue till i did that. I just kept resetting it and plugging the headphones in and out a bunch of times and eventually it unstuck. Amazing how a buggy pos this phone is, sometimes i think i was 10x better off with my 6800
Old 04-19-2010, 05:18 AM
Lurker
Carrier: tmobile

Fm² is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumz32 View Post
damn i thought this was cause i flashed a new rom on it, never saw the issue till i did that. I just kept resetting it and plugging the headphones in and out a bunch of times and eventually it unstuck. Amazing how a buggy pos this phone is, sometimes i think i was 10x better off with my 6800

plugging the headphones in and out didnt help to me. I opened and solder it. it is actually like a inverse switch so headphone on is -----_____ and headphone off is __________ the screw size is a torx #6
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fm² View Post
plugging the headphones in and out didnt help to me. I opened and solder it. it is actually like a inverse switch so headphone on is -----_____ and headphone off is __________ the screw size is a torx #6
Sounds like a hardware problem then. Since I replaced my phone way back for this issue I have never had it again. Doubt it is SW in most cases, just flaky hardware.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio