PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

lkaltz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Whitestone Android It Booted!!!

This is exactly what I got too! Is there a fix yet for this problem?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Carrier: MetroPCS

InfamousDavid is a n00b

So I attempted to do this, and I get stuck. Been at it for a few days now to see if I can get it to work using the Android port for Rhodium Cab with the startup config attached to the beginning. Looks like the furthest I was able to get was to a DMA error. I thought that would be a problem with the SD card that I'm using (SanDisk), but no other SD card works neither. Formatted it and tried everything throughout this thread and searched Google but nothing.

Anyone have an idea of what could fix the DMA error? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: metro pcs

majidlovesthemes is a n00b

yeah I keep having a problem and from what i see nobody else is having the same problem.
I put all of the files onto the root of my memory card and replaced default.txt with startup.txt (and by this I mean i deleted the FILE default.txt and pasted the startup.txt) and on my phone i go to the file explorer and open up haRET and after it says "booting linux" a black box shows up at the bottom-right corner of my screen, some red dotted line goes from the top-left corner of the screen to about half way down, it vibrates twice, and finally, restarts my phone with no progress whatsoever.

anybody have any ideas? thanks in advance..
Old 05-13-2010, 04:18 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Time to ressurect this thread. I've been in touch with some of the kernel devs. They will work on adding whitW to common kernel. I need the last booting pkg by fordfishn as a starting point. Can someone upload it as its gone.

join #htc-linux for testing. phh and tmzt stated with testing they probably could get it added.

Worst case senario is we gather up donations to supply htc-linux with a whitestone or if somebody has a poorshape bad esn one to donate.

I got line fetch error trying the newest. http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL225.../387111805.jpg

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 05-13-2010 at 04:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid/Imagio/Eris

Jal3223 is just getting started

Here you go.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9MMVQNFH
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:25 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jal3223 View Post
shows temporarily unavailable
Old 05-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid/Imagio/Eris

Jal3223 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
shows temporarily unavailable
Maybe the site was having trouble. It seems to be working for me. I can try another upload site if it still gives you an error.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Time to ressurect this thread. I've been in touch with some of the kernel devs. They will work on adding whitW to common kernel. I need the last booting pkg by fordfishn as a starting point. Can someone upload it as its gone.

join #htc-linux for testing. phh and tmzt stated with testing they probably could get it added.

Worst case senario is we gather up donations to supply htc-linux with a whitestone or if somebody has a poorshape bad esn one to donate.

I got line fetch error trying the newest. http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL225.../387111805.jpg
I got the same as you...could not get any further. I too have been talking to the devs and hopefully we can all make progress. Would love to add Android to this great device.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

jowami4112 is a n00b

Congratulations, good work. We are one step closer. Thanks for the hard work.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:27 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Ok anyone seriously wanting to help. IRC server freenode:6667 channel #htc-linux is where the android for htc devs do their work. Please don't noob them to death and ask them when it will work for us the last thing we want is noobs pissing them off. So far I have registered an mtype for whitestone months ago @ http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/.

MTYPE is 2514 but this has to be adopted into the htc-linux msm repo and built into kernel as its not implemented now. I was able to find the latest booting kernel of 12/24 and a not booting kernel from 12/28 and every kernel after fails boot. So the changes made very shortly after the inital inclusion of topaz broke us booting with the topaz board. At least we have a starting point. FYI the 12/21 kernel works better than the 12/24 as the volume keys function for vol and also backspace which don't on 12/24. I have attached a haret mmu dump (memory) and a ramconsole dump with latest kernel and a ramconsole dump from the last booting kernel (dm.txt's).

Most of the htc-linux people are overseas and are on during mid-day and early afternoon which falls right in my work schedule. I'll try to help as I can but my wife is still mad about all the hours I logged on IRC for hardspl. I hope a few others can help out from here. HTC-Linux stated they would help if we could do some testing so thats whats needed from competent people.
Attached Files
File Type: zip whitestone dumps.zip (248.3 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio