PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 04:35 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 11/15/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuechler3 View Post
opera mini 4.2 in the app store did the trick!!!!!! i can upload picks and i like the speed and stability of the browser..... i wanna thankyou for helpin make my android/hero experience a good one... now i guess ill wait for the next rom! my phone is perfect but imma flashaholic! ever try the "steamy window" app? its goofy, but cool!
Steamy window is great haha. You are welcome bro. Glad you got something that worked. Try out Moto X Mayhem for another great app, you will have to download from browser as it isn't in market, but it is my favorite game right now.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

ill try it... my gf took her hero in and got her old phone# ported over, and now half of her programs dont work or force close. should i re root or do a nandroid 2.2 backup and then flash 6.b again? what steps or nothing at all thanks!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

fullgrown is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Steamy window is great haha. You are welcome bro. Glad you got something that worked. Try out Moto X Mayhem for another great app, you will have to download from browser as it isn't in market, but it is my favorite game right now.
thacounty, i just downloaded moto x mayhem from my phone, but how do i open it? it's not showing anywhere...
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
ill try it... my gf took her hero in and got her old phone# ported over, and now half of her programs dont work or force close. should i re root or do a nandroid 2.2 backup and then flash 6.b again? what steps or nothing at all thanks!
Probably a too many apps problem if you have more than 100 on your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullgrown View Post
thacounty, i just downloaded moto x mayhem from my phone, but how do i open it? it's not showing anywhere...
Use astro and find it in SDcard\downloads Then use the app manager in Astro to install it.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: SPRINT

ebuechler3 is keeping up the good workebuechler3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Probably a too many apps problem if you have more than 100 on your phone.

Use astro and find it in SDcard\downloads Then use the app manager in Astro to install it.
no, we both got these phones 5 days ago.. i rooted and put fresh's 6.b, and apps2sd on both phones. i put about 5 apps on her phone and a gillion on mine. no probs till i took her phone in to port her old phone# from uscc to her new hero.. i think the rep did something screwey to her phone. would it hurt if i did a nandroid backup, then reflashed 6.b? i just want her phone to b "fresh" like mine!! thanks..
Old 12-02-2009, 01:19 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
no, we both got these phones 5 days ago.. i rooted and put fresh's 6.b, and apps2sd on both phones. i put about 5 apps on her phone and a gillion on mine. no probs till i took her phone in to port her old phone# from uscc to her new hero.. i think the rep did something screwey to her phone. would it hurt if i did a nandroid backup, then reflashed 6.b? i just want her phone to b "fresh" like mine!! thanks..
If you were rooted and running A2SD2 make sure the SD card wasn't unmounted in settings. If it was just pull it out and put it back in. If she is rooted you can always nandroid restore, and you can reflash, but I think the sd may be unmounted from the phone. It is under settings -> Sd & Phone storage. If unmount is not able to be done then you should pull out and put back in. Should work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

I was just digging through some of the boot.img sources and found out that there is actually a way to soft reset our devices. It's a little bit of a crazy key combo for a soft reset but I know when I first got my phone I was annoyed with having to shut it down and then turn it back on in order to reboot it.

To soft reset your device you need to hold Send + Menu + End. I found it easiest to turn it upside down and hold Menu + Send with one thumb and then hit End with the other.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:39 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
I was just digging through some of the boot.img sources and found out that there is actually a way to soft reset our devices. It's a little bit of a crazy key combo for a soft reset but I know when I first got my phone I was annoyed with having to shut it down and then turn it back on in order to reboot it.

To soft reset your device you need to hold Send + Menu + End. I found it easiest to turn it upside down and hold Menu + Send with one thumb and then hit End with the other.
I wish i had a reason to try this out right now. Actually, scratch that. Trying it now.

Edit: It worked. That doesn't, however, lessen the impact of how ridiculous that key combo actually is.

Thanks hit.

Achievement unlocked.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post

You can also put Root Manager on the phone, you can soft reset,wipe data, remove system apps among other stuff. AWESOME app.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
You can also put Root Manager on the phone, you can soft reset,wipe data, remove system apps among other stuff. AWESOME app.
Yup, I have it. Hehe.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero