PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Extranormal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Evo 4G - TERRIBLE BATTERY LIFE! HELP PLEASE!

Hey, guys. I'm new to the forum here. I finally got my hands on a new HTC EVO, which I purchased yesterday. I let it die completely, and re-charged it twice, in other words, two cycles. I downloaded Spare Parts, Advanced Task Killer, etc. At best, I got 3 hours and 30 minutes! It's RIDICULOUS! Everything in my accounts+Sync is disabled, gps, bluetooth, and 4G are all disabled. Animations are off, I manually run ATK every 15 minutes. Screen brightness is at 50% - MAXIMUM. I was able to get 3 hours and 30 minutes, only because I turned off MOBILE INTERNET, and was only texting.. I used it for about 10 minutes on 3G to surf the web/check facebook notifications, which made it fall to 95%. Then, I ran ATK, and killed everything in the background except for text plus, and lowered screen brightness to 35%. I then locked the phone, and went to got take a 15 minute shower. When I came back, it was down to 85% - it was almost completely idle, and the only thing turned on was 3G. It's extremely disappointing. I'd be very happy to get 8-10 hours on this, and letting 3G run in the background. I used a dark wallpaper (non-live.) Basically, android system was 45%, the total idle thing was around 35%, and textplus, ebuddy, and some other little apps filled in the small 20%. The battery app said I had 16 hours remaining, and kept decreasing rapidly.. PLEASE HELP ME! Do I have a defect evo, or is the battery really that bad?! It's the same thing with my other evo that my brother has!

Thanks!
-Extranormal
Old 08-29-2010, 12:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Evo 4G - TERRIBLE BATTERY LIFE! HELP PLEASE!

well how you described what you are doing thats what you get.

stop playing around with it every 10 minutes and you will get more out of it
Old 08-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
well how you described what you are doing thats what you get.

stop playing around with it every 10 minutes and you will get more out of it
Excuse me, but the standby time is ridiculous. I left to shower for 15 minutes, and it dropped 10%.. that doesn't make much sense to me. I don't play around with it every 10 minutes, I'm a moderate-heavy user. With previous smart phones, I have never had this kind of a problem.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
The battery isn't that bad for just texting you should be getting alot more time.I've tried non stop surfing on 3g and can get about 3 hours to 3 1/2 hours.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
The battery isn't that bad for just texting you should be getting alot more time.I've tried non stop surfing on 3g and can get about 3 hours to 3 1/2 hours.

I'd be satisfied to get 3 1/2 hours from nonstop surfing. When it got to around 35% I disabled mobile internet.. and just texted moderately after that. I got around 2 hours with that.. so I would've gotten only about 6 hours with a full charge for just texting.. ridiculous.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re reading your op..you should take it easy with atk..killing every fifteen minutes I think will kill battery faster some programs need to run in background, after you kill them they'll simply start over, your battery shouldn't be that bad.

Ps my 1,000 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extranormal View Post
I'd be satisfied to get 3 1/2 hours from nonstop surfing. When it got to around 35% I disabled mobile internet.. and just texted moderately after that. I got around 2 hours with that.. so I would've gotten only about 6 hours with a full charge for just texting.. ridiculous.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Re reading your op..you should take it easy with atk..killing every fifteen minutes I think will kill battery faster some programs need to run in background, after you kill them they'll simply start over, your battery shouldn't be that bad.

Ps my 1,000 post

Oh wow, I didn't know that! Thanks! Sorry, lol, I'm new to android. I switched from an iPhone, so yeah. And Congratulations!!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:24 AM
VIP Member

Lol thanks.how you liking the transition other than battery life? Give it a little time im sure your battery will adjust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extranormal View Post
Oh wow, I didn't know that! Thanks! Sorry, lol, I'm new to android. I switched from an iPhone, so yeah. And Congratulations!!

Old 08-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
My battery took a week or so to settle. Though I am rooted I get about a day and a half out of it with moderate usage

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 08-29-2010, 01:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

problem solved Boo Boo's way

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5395/img0006zl.jpg

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G