PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Unhappy App/market problem

im trying to download an app it says downloading but it never stops or starts it just says downloading, when i try to cancel the market stops work and fc
i can download other apps with no issue just this one is giving me problems

running OMJ 2.2 froyo v3.0
try fixing permission threw rom manager

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 08-16-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
im trying to download an app it says downloading but it never stops or starts it just says downloading, when i try to cancel the market stops work and fc
i can download other apps with no issue just this one is giving me problems

running OMJ 2.2 froyo v3.0
try fixing permission threw rom manager
I'm also getting an issue with the app market running omj 3.0 rom also. It just keeps downloading and never stops, and when it does stop, or downloads the apk to the download folder and never installs it on the phone. Sounds like it could be the kernel, maybe.

Tapatalk'd on Evo
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: App/market problem

Download doubletwist. It allows you to access the market from your computer. Its itunes for android essentially. Works great
Old 08-16-2010, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Have either of you tried to download anything else from the market?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I have not had any issues with Market or AppBrain but I am running stock 2.2. Sounds like it might be the Rom\Kernel image.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

I was having the same issue and it looks like I just fixed my problem. I attempted to download apps but it was just stay in the downloading or start download mode... and then I would get a message about Google Talk not being connected. I did some reach and most answers said it deals with switching from Google mail domain to Gmail domain. It also said you would have to factory reset since you can't erase/change the Gmail account on the phone.

Here's all that I did. I'm not sure which part fixed the issue.
*I un-synced Gmail (still didn't work)
*I deleted the pop Gmail account I had set up (still didn't work)
*I went into the market, canceled everything that was pending a download, then I re-synced Gmail, and set my pop Gmail account back up and BAM!!!! It worked. (Oh and I restarted after I did all of this) **This time I set my 2nd gmail account up as an exchange server.

Edit, I'm on Sprintlovers rom. I didn't have the issue when I was on his first 2.2 rom but after his all in one rom I had the issue. ***I DON'T THINK THE ISSUE IS ROM SPECIFIC*** I believe it's all in how you set up your google accounts. (Maybe)

Hope this helps...

Hey, if this works for you let us know, even if it don't let us know so at least we can have a sure fix

Last edited by KDmospd; 08-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDmospd View Post
Have either of you tried to download anything else from the market?
yes i can download other apps with no problem
Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I had that to happen a few times.. I ended up just killing the market process and redoing it and it worked.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:17 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I had that to happen a few times.. I ended up just killing the market process and redoing it and it worked.
when i cancel to download the market crashes and when i bring the market back up the app is still there
Old 08-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i cancel to download the market crashes and when i bring the market back up the app is still there
Are you updating your app, cause i got that kind off issue too, this is that i did just erease the oldone then install the new version

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G