PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   App/market problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131653)

Karl 08-16-2010 02:15 AM

App/market problem

im trying to download an app it says downloading but it never stops or starts it just says downloading, when i try to cancel the market stops work and fc
i can download other apps with no issue just this one is giving me problems

running OMJ 2.2 froyo v3.0
try fixing permission threw rom manager

brol1k 08-16-2010 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlE (Post 1912476)
im trying to download an app it says downloading but it never stops or starts it just says downloading, when i try to cancel the market stops work and fc
i can download other apps with no issue just this one is giving me problems

running OMJ 2.2 froyo v3.0
try fixing permission threw rom manager

I'm also getting an issue with the app market running omj 3.0 rom also. It just keeps downloading and never stops, and when it does stop, or downloads the apk to the download folder and never installs it on the phone. Sounds like it could be the kernel, maybe.

Tapatalk'd on Evo

aman1127 08-16-2010 04:29 AM

Re: App/market problem

Download doubletwist. It allows you to access the market from your computer. Its itunes for android essentially. Works great

KDmospd 08-16-2010 08:56 AM

Have either of you tried to download anything else from the market?

lkillen 08-16-2010 08:59 AM

I have not had any issues with Market or AppBrain but I am running stock 2.2. Sounds like it might be the Rom\Kernel image.

KDmospd 08-16-2010 09:11 AM

I was having the same issue and it looks like I just fixed my problem. I attempted to download apps but it was just stay in the downloading or start download mode... and then I would get a message about Google Talk not being connected. I did some reach and most answers said it deals with switching from Google mail domain to Gmail domain. It also said you would have to factory reset since you can't erase/change the Gmail account on the phone.

Here's all that I did. I'm not sure which part fixed the issue.
*I un-synced Gmail (still didn't work)
*I deleted the pop Gmail account I had set up (still didn't work)
*I went into the market, canceled everything that was pending a download, then I re-synced Gmail, and set my pop Gmail account back up and BAM!!!! It worked. (Oh and I restarted after I did all of this) **This time I set my 2nd gmail account up as an exchange server.

Edit, I'm on Sprintlovers rom. I didn't have the issue when I was on his first 2.2 rom but after his all in one rom I had the issue. ***I DON'T THINK THE ISSUE IS ROM SPECIFIC*** I believe it's all in how you set up your google accounts. (Maybe)

Hope this helps...

Hey, if this works for you let us know, even if it don't let us know so at least we can have a sure fix

Karl 08-16-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDmospd (Post 1913413)
Have either of you tried to download anything else from the market?

yes i can download other apps with no problem

brownhornet 08-16-2010 11:15 AM

I had that to happen a few times.. I ended up just killing the market process and redoing it and it worked.

Karl 08-16-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1913519)
I had that to happen a few times.. I ended up just killing the market process and redoing it and it worked.

when i cancel to download the market crashes and when i bring the market back up the app is still there

juancaperez2000 08-16-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlE (Post 1913521)
when i cancel to download the market crashes and when i bring the market back up the app is still there

Are you updating your app, cause i got that kind off issue too, this is that i did just erease the oldone then install the new version

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk