PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo Quality

Is no one else dissapointed on the build quality of the evo? I had it all day yesterday along side a iphone 4 and notices a huge build quality between both. My feelings on the iphone are full of . But I couldnt help noticing how beautifully build it is. It actually feels very solid and almost armored tank like. On the other hand, the Evo. I felt cheap, plastic like, not solid and almost like a fake toy phone. Oh, and the screen pealing up did not help. Why cant HTC never get it right? And thats just the hardware. The software wasnt near as fluid smooth as the iphone OS. I completely lost hope on HTC. I have moved on and will never spend a dime on their handsets. I cant wait for the galaxy to arrive.

How do you guys and girls feel about the build quality? Be honest and dont troll me.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Evo Quality

You think the EVO feels cheap and you're waiting for a Galaxy? LMAO!!
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 07-24-2010, 11:22 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I not really impressed with it to tell you the truth. I love the Evo dont get me wrong but I have cracks all over it for no reason and nether HTC nor Sprint will acknowledge the problem. Im not the only one having these issues ether. Had the same problem with the TP1 and the chrome cracking.

CWWW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

idaman is keeping up the good workidaman is keeping up the good work
Seems sturdy to me

Sent from my EVO!

Old 07-24-2010, 06:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO<Pre<TP<Treo800w<Back2Vogue<Diamond<Vogue<Treo

BrandiBran is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to BrandiBran Send a message via Skype™ to BrandiBran

Quite happy with my evo... and I have no cracks scratches etc. Wonder why your TP and Evo had the same problems... are you dropping or pocketing your phone with your keys?
Old 07-24-2010, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
You think the EVO feels cheap and you're waiting for a Galaxy? LMAO!!
I got a kick out of that too, because anything with a slideout keyboard wiggles, or will eventually. To the OP, my experience is that look and feel don't matter as much as durability in a drop, etc. My Mogul was a little "rattlely", but it survived many construction-style falls, etc. The iPhone is probably strong too. But the Evo, with a Body Glove, is great. I never believed in the cases until the Evo, because of the camera lens sticking out. Body Glove looks and feels great, and if you buy it at Sprint and let them link it to your account, and it breaks within a year, just go into a Sprint store and they'll give you another (since they can look up the purchase on your account, no receipt needed)
Old 07-24-2010, 06:31 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I wouldnt own another Samsung Android phone if it was the last phone on the planet. They couldn't even fix the data lockup problems with the Moment, why would you buy from them? They need to stick with tv's. wooot
Old 07-24-2010, 06:53 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiBran View Post
Quite happy with my evo... and I have no cracks scratches etc. Wonder why your TP and Evo had the same problems... are you dropping or pocketing your phone with your keys?
Not dropping and i dont put ot in my pocket. The TP1 had a recall for this as it IS a design flaw.

CW
Old 07-24-2010, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
Is no one else dissapointed on the build quality of the evo? I had it all day yesterday along side a iphone 4 and notices a huge build quality between both. My feelings on the iphone are full of . But I couldnt help noticing how beautifully build it is. It actually feels very solid and almost armored tank like. On the other hand, the Evo. I felt cheap, plastic like, not solid and almost like a fake toy phone. Oh, and the screen pealing up did not help. Why cant HTC never get it right? And thats just the hardware. The software wasnt near as fluid smooth as the iphone OS. I completely lost hope on HTC. I have moved on and will never spend a dime on their handsets. I cant wait for the galaxy to arrive.

How do you guys and girls feel about the build quality? Be honest and dont troll me.
Troll what's up? You always stir the pot like non else. If I had a job for a person who stirred the pot it would be you.

Troll how about this and I serious PM your number and I will call you at the time of your choosing and tell you everything you need to know about the EVO Iphone debate. I have been waiting for 3 years for something to come out to rival the Iphone and finally I am happy. As for build I have 5 lines and have 3 EVOs. I have had to replace one line, mine of course, 3 times for different issues. I will honestly answer all your questions! PM your number I will give you the unbiased facts and info on it.

For the rest of you Troll here had been debating getting an EVO or is an Iphone market research plant who post every last bad EVO thread but doesn't own one!

Last edited by NuLLKiLL; 07-24-2010 at 07:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
No problems with mine. Got it on launch day. I have the htc case from sprint and a screen protector on it. I dropped it once on carpet and once on the cement. No cracks or screen seperation. I keep my phone in my pocket all day. My job is contruction.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G