PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:10 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

......while the turny thing is turning bring up the command thingee in windows and copy and paste
"c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell" in there and hit "enter!" A black box should come up..............
Old 06-19-2010, 05:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

OMJ here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123534

Going back to stock here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124158

Edit: LOL!!! Since I havent slept I forgot the going back to stock link is in my sig

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-19-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:12 AM

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

..................DAMNIT WINMONEWBIE.............(LOL)....................

.....or just look @ the video here!

Last edited by radar369; 06-19-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
..................DAMNIT WINMONEWBIE.............

.....or just look @ the video here!
LOL, thanks for your help Bro but we are posting all over each other.

Yes the video-as I've mentioned numerous times-is a great help.
You simply watch Fast go through each step.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-19-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00

Will try some more... got my "rooted" rom back... it is reloading it now..
I have copied all of the files to the device.. next is to go ahead and HTC sync...
then run the ab command... then reboot to recovery and flash ENG rom..
Old 06-19-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie
Yes the video-as I've mentioned numerous times-is a great help.
You simply watch Fast go through each step.
Yeah..........my life jacket for this ship wreck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie
Any file explorer should do it. Just navigate to your SD card on the phone.
I'm on OMJ and he has Android Mate installed, works great.

You COULD mount your phone/card via USB and pull/delete the files that way.
If you wanted to be super safe you could pull the files off your card and keep them on your PC in a folder called (whatever) NandBackups. You can rename the Nand files as well so you could have a OMJNand and a FreshNand, and.....that way if you ever wanted to jump back to a different ROM you'd just wipe and restore the back up.
UH, does OMJ or Fresh have any 2.2 roms out.............because after using it I will NEVER go back to 2.1.........kindah pissed at myself for doing that anyway!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wphend00 View Post
I have copied all of the files to the device.. next is to go ahead and HTC sync...
NOW you're cooking with gas! I edited my other post. HTC Sync is not needed. Once your ROM loads and your ready just make sure USB Debugging is checked
Menu/settings/applications/development
and just select Charge Only when you plug the phone into the puter.

Fast has it laid out for you verbatim. Just follow step by step and you'll be fine. I really encourage you to watch the video if you can too.
Good luck.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wphend00
That video is all you need for the second part of rooting! Just make sure you're pausing the video as you go to make sure you're doing what is needed!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
UH, does OMJ or Fresh have any 2.2 roms out.............because after using it I will NEVER go back to 2.1.........kindah pissed at myself for doing that anyway!!!!
OMJ definitely does not and the only 2.2 ROM I've heard of is from toast or flipz but it's really incomplete, you lose a lot of function-the camera for one.
I have a feeling a fully functional 2.2 ROM is just around the corner. The development for the Evo is moving as fast as she does

EDIT: Yup-Evo Froyo is up to Test #2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=693992
It's not as bad as I thought you lose camera, mms, tethering, and 4g. For me I can totally wait it out...

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-19-2010 at 05:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00

OK gang... need some more help... here I sit...at the final stages of the nand unlock... what did I do wrong?

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
# chmode 755 /data/flash_image
chmode 755 /data/flash_image
chmode: not found
# /data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
/data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
/data/flash_image: permission denied
# /data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
/data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
/data/flash_image: permission denied
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
#

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos