PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How can I get this phone the cheapest way possible!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
the BB price hasn't been confirmed yet so 499 might be a bit premature. you might be looking more into the 599 range with BB. If I was you I would buy it though telesales and charge it to your account and then try for the MIR.

CW
This is gonna sound facking stupid but here it goes.... How can you charge the phone to your account???? I have purchased many phones and every time they ask for me to pay with my card. I have even spoken to reps over the phone and they always req me to pay upfront.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBZL View Post
This is gonna sound facking stupid but here it goes.... How can you charge the phone to your account???? I have purchased many phones and every time they ask for me to pay with my card. I have even spoken to reps over the phone and they always req me to pay upfront.
Do you pay your bills on time? Or is your account in good standing? They will let you bill to your account if you have an account in good standing. I've had telesales bill to my account and I've bought phones form the Sprint store and had it billed to my account.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you had to pay a deposit then no you can't charge to your account if you have an account limit you can't charge more than the account limit. If you are premier and have no account limit then yes you can charge pretty much anything to your account. It will also take a month to reach your account so you get an extra month to pay.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:13 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmithsr View Post
If you had to pay a deposit then no you can't charge to your account if you have an account limit you can't charge more than the account limit. If you are premier and have no account limit then yes you can charge pretty much anything to your account. It will also take a month to reach your account so you get an extra month to pay.
Yes I pay on time. Yes I am a premier customer. Yes I have to pay deposits. So I wonder if at the time the account had a balance when I tried. Ill have to look into it. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Insatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Through Sprints website you can get about $80-90 for your "working" Touch Pro 2. Who and where would you trade into to get $120? I actually plan on selling mine to my GF sister...she hates her current phone and I told here this is the only way she can go without paying $400-600 full retail. I fortunatly am able to upgrade at 1 year ($150) but not until August 1st. Its a good habit to get into not buying the first batch of phones...a few batches later tend to have the kinks ironed out and what not.

You can trade-in/turn-in your used phone to Best Buy and get a credit. I did a quote on their site and they quoted me $173 in store gift card price or $125 for check by mail. Which means I can give Best Buy my TP2 (which I've only had for like 1 month - upgrade thru asurion claim) and almost get the Evo free! Here's the site:https://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Qu...CellPhones.cfm

Old 05-24-2010, 05:06 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Thankfully my kids have Palm Pres and do not need to use their $150 upgrade credits. BB told me they could use that to upgrade me and the hubby to Evos and we could keep our numbers and the kids on their pres.

Has anyone done this before thru BB? How "painful" is the process?
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 05-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmithsr View Post
Well, I just got finished chatting with a Sprint rep. I was told that I can NOT bump up my Instant Savings to even $75. He said it was a "fixed date" and could not be edited nor changed. I didn't want to be the ******* who asked if he put a note on my accounts notes saying I could get an upgrade though. He did say that I could bill the entire device amount to my account though, but that doesn't help me since it wouldn't be any cheaper.

What I SHOULD have asked him though, is if I can still use my girlfriends upgrade (which isn't even on my account by the way) and then still have the device billed to my account. Christ, that sounds like a horrible nightmare just trying to get it all done, but I'm actually willing to go through a horrible nightmare to get an Evo 4G.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
Well, I just got finished chatting with a Sprint rep. I was told that I can NOT bump up my Instant Savings to even $75. He said it was a "fixed date" and could not be edited nor changed. I didn't want to be the ******* who asked if he put a note on my accounts notes saying I could get an upgrade though. He did say that I could bill the entire device amount to my account though, but that doesn't help me since it wouldn't be any cheaper.

What I SHOULD have asked him though, is if I can still use my girlfriends upgrade (which isn't even on my account by the way) and then still have the device billed to my account. Christ, that sounds like a horrible nightmare just trying to get it all done, but I'm actually willing to go through a horrible nightmare to get an Evo 4G.
I doubt they will bill a phone to someone else's account........
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Thankfully my kids have Palm Pres and do not need to use their $150 upgrade credits. BB told me they could use that to upgrade me and the hubby to Evos and we could keep our numbers and the kids on their pres.

Has anyone done this before thru BB? How "painful" is the process?
should be fairly easy. when i do this for my customers i just run the activation then ring them up then go back into the activation system and swap all the numbers. then turn on the new phones and they program themselves with your info and the kids' phones go turn themselves back on because they'll still have programming info. whole thing start to finish (from when you walk in the door) is about 20 sometimes 30 mins. only inconvenience is that kids' phones stop working til we switch the esns back
Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was told the phone was 649 full retail. This makes sense because my TP was about the same and so it my TP2

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G