PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   How can I get this phone the cheapest way possible!? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122248)

TheLovatScout 05-24-2010 01:46 AM

How can I get this phone the cheapest way possible!?

Unlike the lucky boys and girls who are due for a $150 upgrade or are simply renewing their contract and get to buy it at $199, I am one of the unfortunate souls who have to go the full retail price route. ](*,) Not good.

I plan on buying at Best buy for a few reasons. Well, actually only one, lol. That being that I can trade in my Touch Pro 2 for about $120-$150. Then I COULD use my girlfriends line since she has a $75 instant savings on her Sprint account. Other than that, I've read about little $10 off coupons at Radioshack. I know buying from Sprint isn't the way to go if I'm looking for cheap.

So at full retail from Best Buy, i'm looking at:

..........$449 (Full Retail)
.........-$75 (Gf's upgrade)
.........-$130 (TP2 Trade-In)
.........=$244 (Cheapest Price?)

So, what do you guys think? Are there any other little secret discounts out there?

Also, on a side question: IF and when I use my girlfriends $75 instant savings, will they allow her to "buy it for me" or will I have to do some weird thing were I wait 30 days to activate it?

WarChild 05-24-2010 01:49 AM

Re: How can I get this phone the cheapest way possible!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLovatScout (Post 1770164)
Unlike the lucky boys and girls who are due for a $150 upgrade or are simply renewing their contract and get to buy it at $199, I am one of the unfortunate souls who have to go the full retail price route. ](*,) Not good.

I plan on buying at Best buy for a few reasons. Well, actually only one, lol. That being that I can trade in my Touch Pro 2 for about $120-$150. Then I COULD use my girlfriends line since she has a $75 instant savings on her Sprint account. Other than that, I've read about little $10 off coupons at Radioshack. I know buying from Sprint isn't the way to go if I'm looking for cheap.

So at full retail from Best Buy, i'm looking at:

..........$449 (Full Retail)
.........-$75 (Gf's upgrade)
.........-$130 (TP2 Trade-In)
.........=$244 (Cheapest Price?)

So, what do you guys think? Are there any other little secret discounts out there?

Also, on a side question: IF and when I use my girlfriends $75 instant savings, will they allow her to "buy it for me" or will I have to do some weird thing were I wait 30 days to activate it?

the BB price hasn't been confirmed yet so 499 might be a bit premature. you might be looking more into the 599 range with BB. If I was you I would buy it though telesales and charge it to your account and then try for the MIR.

CW

gTen 05-24-2010 03:39 AM

$120-$150 for a TP2 O.o? isn't that a bit too little...you could easily bargain trader it for 200$ or more...assuming it is good condition.

heartisall 05-24-2010 04:37 AM

Make sure your girlfriends plan is at least a 70$ a month plan (If it is than you are considered a premiere customer and you can upgrade every year. It its not then call retentions and tell them that you would like the upgrade even if that means they need to change your plan. They put me on the 69.99$ plan and moved my upgrade up by 6 months all for a 10 minute phone call.

Ticklemepinks 05-24-2010 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChild (Post 1770171)
the BB price hasn't been confirmed yet so 499 might be a bit premature. you might be looking more into the 599 range with BB. If I was you I would buy it though telesales and charge it to your account and then try for the MIR.

CW

well most best buys said they will price match sprint so 449 is a good guess

jbearamus 05-24-2010 05:54 AM

radioshack does have $10 off coupons available however their unactivated price is going to be $499 (at least initially) and they don't price match

ChrisH09 05-24-2010 07:36 AM

Through Sprints website you can get about $80-90 for your "working" Touch Pro 2. Who and where would you trade into to get $120? I actually plan on selling mine to my GF sister...she hates her current phone and I told here this is the only way she can go without paying $400-600 full retail. I fortunatly am able to upgrade at 1 year ($150) but not until August 1st. Its a good habit to get into not buying the first batch of phones...a few batches later tend to have the kinks ironed out and what not.

tool2269 05-24-2010 08:20 AM

as posted here: http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...0&postcount=10

"hang out at radio shack or BB on the day of launch. Watch and see who picks up a pre-ordered EVO. Follow them out to their car and bonk them over the head and take it = free EVO."

adenicol 05-24-2010 09:58 AM

I just called BB to make sure they would price match, the girl I spoke to didn't know anything so I asked about getting my pre-order money back and she went to ask a manager about that...in the background I heard her talking to the manager and mention that I wanted my money back because I told her Radio Shack would price match, the other lady (the manager I am guessing) told her they should be the ones price matching, not Radio Shack and to let me know they would price match the $449 Sprint Price. I got her name just in case :)

Insatiable 05-24-2010 10:56 AM

I asked Sprint rep today in a chat if I could have my girlfriends upgrade excellerated cause she's not eligible for the $150 until August 1.

What she did was put a note on my account for a credit. So I would have to pay the full retail minus $75 she is eligible for now. And then call Sprint and have them apply the $75 additional discount, so its like she got the full $150 off.

You can try that.