PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO on Sprint Employee Account ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Sprint Employee customer service also confirmed this. They said if you are on an employee plan you can't get the phone till July.
Sounds good to me, since I'm on SERO. That's enough time for some real-world testing and problems to be shaken out.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and HTC Arrive

boeman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Sounds good to me, since I'm on SERO. That's enough time for some real-world testing and problems to be shaken out.
SERO will never be allowed to activate the phone... you'll have to move to an Everything plus plan to get an android phone.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeman View Post
SERO will never be allowed to activate the phone... you'll have to move to an Everything plus plan to get an android phone.
Really? Im on an employee line with a Moment(android)
Old 05-20-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Quiksmage is becoming a great contributor

if you know an employee personally you may be able to get it done. i sont know but its very doubtful. id givemy right arm to just pay the 10 dollar premium on top of my SERO
Old 05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
Really? Im on an employee line with a Moment(android)
SERO isn't an employee line. Employee lines have no contract and any phone can be activated on them.

If you have a moment you are either

1) Employee
2) Advantage Club (Not SERO)
3) EPRP with discounts to make it the same price as SERO.
4) A liar.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

thasolution is a n00b

I talked to my sprint rep and they said that even if I bought the phone out right I couldn't get it activated on my employee plan because they have to use special codes for our accounts. So i'm keeping my eye open online to see if anyone gets it activated. Cause I have to pay full price cause i'm not eligible for an upgrade until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Lies... I have an advantage account and talked to two reps and got the same response.

To:

M,

Thank you for contacting the employee phone programs group. Yes, if you
would like purchase the EVO at the employee discounted pricing you will
need to wait until the device is available for employees. However, if
you are willing to pay full retail price you may purchase this device at
any retail location. The store will not be able to activate the device
you, but we can do that here if you would like.
I apologize for any
confusion this question may have caused. If you have any other questions
or concerns please let us know.

Sincerely,
Steven T.
Sprint

---------------------------------

Trust, I checked pretty much every avenue before I pre-ordered mine. If you talked to a regular rep they have no clue.. I actually spoke with two reps in the advantage club and this is what they told me first hand. No, you wont be able to use an upgrade but you CAN buy it outright. They wont be able to activate it in the store but calling the advantage club they can do it for you.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:22 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasolution View Post
I talked to my sprint rep and they said that even if I bought the phone out right I couldn't get it activated on my employee plan because they have to use special codes for our accounts. So i'm keeping my eye open online to see if anyone gets it activated. Cause I have to pay full price cause i'm not eligible for an upgrade until next year.
well the email speaks for itself... and 2 advantage club reps told me the exact opposite so im trying my luck.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you're on a third party vendor account, yeah, it might not work on June 4th. It probably would though.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Sprint's customer service is showing its true colors as usual. Never knowing what da f**k is going on, giving people different answers. I mean damn, what kind of training are they doing with these people? I wish I had the peace of mind calling a sprint rep, and knowing what they tell me to be the truth.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Sprint's customer service is showing its true colors as usual. Never knowing what da f**k is going on, giving people different answers. I mean damn, what kind of training are they doing with these people? I wish I had the peace of mind calling a sprint rep, and knowing what they tell me to be the truth.
No kidding. I emailed back and forth with the EPRP group trying to determine my upgrade eligibility.

- One said I was already eligible for the full upgrade, and could proceed any time I want.

- The next said I'm only eligible for $75, and would have to wait until August for the full upgrade.

- The last told me that I'm not currently eligible for the full upgrade, but will be on June 1.

Then I gave up...

We'll see what they tell me in-store.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G