PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: dan@sprint.com response I got

i dont care, im getting the evo and paying that 10 premium. i think its worth it.
i just wish tethering devices was included with that $10 instead of the additional $30 fee
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
umm no if I take my tp2 and an evo into a 3g area and download the same file it will download the same speed. 3g isnt dependent on the speed of the device but on the network. 4g area it will make a difference and that is what the 10 dollar charge is for.. 4g.
Watch the video at 0:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3UD4...ayer_embedded#!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well said, close thread. lol
i was pissy about the 10$ till i played with it.
I really dont believe some people still beleive that your download speed is dependent on your processor and nothing else.. I mean seriously what year is this? 1995?
Old 05-14-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: His and Her HTC EVO's

travisr528 is keeping up the good worktravisr528 is keeping up the good work

I am really tired of hearing about the $10 charge. How else are they going to pay for building up the 4G network. Sprint takes a 18% profit margin, compared to Att and Verizons 40 sum percent. Think about the difference between PS3's and Xbox. I have a PS3 but Xbox's features and support blow it out the water, Why paid service vs. free service (Xbox wins). I don't like the charges but I understand why, and will pay for it. Everybody that wants to complain, pick another phone, the $10 a month charge problem will be solved. You just wont have an EVO.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

With all the perks I've gotten from Sprint for free and the better service experience I've had, cheaper plans, etc, I'm more than willing to pony up $10 for 4g. With everything I've got on my family plan, I'll still be paying less than I would any other carrier and having one smoking phone.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisr528 View Post
I am really tired of hearing about the $10 charge. How else are they going to pay for building up the 4G network. Sprint takes a 18% profit margin, compared to Att and Verizons 40 sum percent. Think about the difference between PS3's and Xbox. I have a PS3 but Xbox's features and support blow it out the water, Why paid service vs. free service (Xbox wins). I don't like the charges but I understand why, and will pay for it. Everybody that wants to complain, pick another phone, the $10 a month charge problem will be solved. You just wont have an EVO.
hmmm sprint still is making a profit and shouldn't use this an excuse to get more money if they cant afford the venture shouldn't have tried now their putting it on their customers backs because they cant afford to build this grand 4g market and 4g has always been paid for by the customer they just increased the price of it. The 10 dollar fee per month wouldn't be so bad if they had either A. not said 4g was giving more for free at CTIA and B if they made it optional if you wanna use 4g. They complaint it will be a data hog.. so are all smart phones. So take on a 10 dollar fee for every smart phone.
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
18% OUCH LOL

Well that explains why they couldn't hold on to NFL Mobile...damn that would be sweeeet on the EVO
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Saying Sprint is 18% profit margin is like saying

"Then there is the man who drowned crossing a stream with an average depth of six inches."

Lets look at it this way..take sprint default plan of 69.99..18% profit means the plan costs them $57.39..now they have boost mobile where the plan is $50 unlimited plan..are you saying they are purposely loosing 7$ per person a month?

If by profit margin you mean per plan then don't forget sprint provides a lot of cheap plans for government and etc at bulk costs.

If by profit margin you mean as a whole..sprint management is HORRIBLE..not to mention they are on a buying streak this and last year and bought liek 3 prepaid providers, and a few affiliates and then the Clearwire thing....not to mention eating the loss of Nextel.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-14-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: His and Her HTC EVO's

travisr528 is keeping up the good worktravisr528 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
hmmm sprint still is making a profit and shouldn't use this an excuse to get more money if they cant afford the venture shouldn't have tried now their putting it on their customers backs because they cant afford to build this grand 4g market and 4g has always been paid for by the customer they just increased the price of it. The 10 dollar fee per month wouldn't be so bad if they had either A. not said 4g was giving more for free at CTIA and B if they made it optional if you wanna use 4g. They complaint it will be a data hog.. so are all smart phones. So take on a 10 dollar fee for every smart phone.
Businesses need to turn a profit to stay in business, that's how things work. If you don't like it, then don't buy the phone. Simple, problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Saying Sprint is 18% profit margin is like saying

"Then there is the man who drowned crossing a stream with an average depth of six inches."

Lets look at it this way..take sprint default plan of 69.99..18% profit means the plan costs them $57.39..now they have boost mobile where the plan is $50 unlimited plan..are you saying they are purposely loosing 7$ per person a month?
Yeah and why do you think they are the #3 carrier instead of the #1 carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
If by profit margin you mean per plan then don't forget sprint provides a lot of cheap plans for government and etc at bulk costs.

If by profit margin you mean as a whole..sprint management is HORRIBLE..not to mention they are on a buying streak this and last year and bought liek 3 prepaid providers, and a few affiliates and then the Clearwire thing....not to mention eating the loss of Nextel.
Companies do not always turn a profit on every product they sell, they have some items that are sold at cost to attract business, and other that are sold at a higher margin to make a profit.
My point is that your plan is cheaper than ATT and Big V. So if you don't want to pay for the service, pick another phone, and live without 4G.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP

Mary_holk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
With all the perks I've gotten from Sprint for free and the better service experience I've had, cheaper plans, etc, I'm more than willing to pony up $10 for 4g. With everything I've got on my family plan, I'll still be paying less than I would any other carrier and having one smoking phone.
I so agree. I also am willing and have been with sprint since the mid 90's. Some of the phones haven't been the greatest but the plans have. If you don't like it don't get the phone. That is what I've always done and will continue to do. I wanted a world phone and keyboard but couldn't pass up all the other options that this phone has to make a difference.

Last edited by Mary_holk; 05-14-2010 at 05:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G