PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dan@sprint.com response I got

Thank you for contacting us through Dan@Sprint.com. From reviewing your email, I understand you have expressed your concerns regarding the $10 Premium Data fee. This fee is so that the HTC EVO users can experience the data quality that EVO provides. HTC EVO users will typically consume more data, and the Premium Data fee assures they have the bandwidth to do it. The HTC EVO 4G works using both 3G and 4G technologies. I understand your concern regarding this fee put in place. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate team for further review

so in many words yes 10 dollars is for 4g. My touch pro 2 consumes a crap load of data no 10 dollar fee'' evo comes out and 10 dollar fee why? 4g baby 4g.. guess 4g does cost more.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: dan@sprint.com response I got

Yea, it's total bunk. But.. it's very simple and it's good business. They are cashing in on the phones popularity. The reaction is interesting.. I always wonder why the public did not run down the street screaming when gas went to 3+ dollars a gallon. Like they seem to be here.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
Thank you for contacting us through Dan@Sprint.com. From reviewing your email, I understand you have expressed your concerns regarding the $10 Premium Data fee. This fee is so that the HTC EVO users can experience the data quality that EVO provides. HTC EVO users will typically consume more data, and the Premium Data fee assures they have the bandwidth to do it. The HTC EVO 4G works using both 3G and 4G technologies. I understand your concern regarding this fee put in place. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate team for further review

so in many words yes 10 dollars is for 4g. My touch pro 2 consumes a crap load of data no 10 dollar fee'' evo comes out and 10 dollar fee why? 4g baby 4g.. guess 4g does cost more.
Your TP2 isn't as powerful as the EVO so the EVO will consume more data in a faster time than your TP2. Why don't people understand that the more powerful something is the more expensive it is to keep it functioning at that hi level. At&T has crappy network due to hi data usage, maybe Sprint will use the $10 to maintain their network data consumption so we as customers don't notice a drop off.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:39 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i played with the evo using 4g, ill drop 10$ in a heartbeat. the phone is soo badass with the fm tuner/compass/front camera/visual vm/kickstand/ and my fav. is the red around the 8mp camera and inside speaker grill. its so fast you just gota play with it to really see what it can do.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

after getting an hd2, i think the snapdragon is worth $10 lol. but yeah, i was gonna get an evo for the wife to replace her moment..good thing 2.1 came out today!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Your TP2 isn't as powerful as the EVO so the EVO will consume more data in a faster time than your TP2. Why don't people understand that the more powerful something is the more expensive it is to keep it functioning at that hi level. At&T has crappy network due to hi data usage, maybe Sprint will use the $10 to maintain their network data consumption so we as customers don't notice a drop off.
why would it consume it faster oh wait becasue its 4g... durr once again 10 dollar charge is because of 4g. if I download 1 gb on evo its still 1gb on touch pro 2 NO DIFFERENCE. Its all about 3g/4g evo has a faster processor bigger screen and 4g.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
why would it consume it faster oh wait becasue its 4g... durr once again 10 dollar charge is because of 4g. if I download 1 gb on evo its still 1gb on touch pro 2 NO DIFFERENCE. Its all about 3g/4g evo has a faster processor bigger screen and 4g.
The difference is, you can probably download 2 or 3gb on the EVO in the amount of time you downloaded that 1gb on your TP.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
The difference is, you can probably download 2 or 3gb on the EVO in the amount of time you downloaded that 1gb on your TP.
dling stuff is like cable speeds, i swear you kids aint gonna give a rats ass about the 10 scoots.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
umm no if I take my tp2 and an evo into a 3g area and download the same file it will download the same speed. 3g isnt dependent on the speed of the device but on the network. 4g area it will make a difference and that is what the 10 dollar charge is for.. 4g.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:57 PM
acs tester

Quote:
umm no if I take my tp2 and an evo into a 3g area and download the same file it will download the same speed. 3g isnt dependent on the speed of the device but on the network. 4g area it will make a difference and that is what the 10 dollar charge is for.. 4g.
well said, close thread. lol
i was pissy about the 10$ till i played with it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G