PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
[HOW TO] Theme Building-By SGBZ

This is a tutorial for how to build an EVO theme! Before you begin you will need the following tools...

-7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

-Android SDK (setup) http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

-Winsign General ROM FAQ

-Photoshop (Gimp is free photo editing software) http://www.gimp.org/

All of these tools can be found through google search.

take your editable apk's out of the rom by copying and pasting them from the open rom to your folder you are going to use them out of. the example we will use is the phone apk and the phone default icon. this is the picture you see when you call someone without a photo in your contacts.

right click the phone apk and select 7zip open archive.

copy the res from 7zip to the folder you are working in then open the res folder

in this example the editable files are in the drawable hdpi folder.

there is our cute little phone default icon, now click and drag the little guy into photoshop.

if you see a little lock next to the layer, right click and duplicate the layer then delete the locked layer. if the layer says index next to it click image, mode, rgb.

erase the original image. anything you make will have to fit in the original canvas size so we will build off of the original file. you will want to see the checkerboard pattern to indicate that your image does not have a background.

click and drag the image you want to use onto our original phone_default canvas and resize the image to fit the canvas or simply center the image. to make sure that the proportions are correct during resizing hold the shift key.

Last edited by sprintgirl; 09-24-2010 at 06:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [HOW TO] Theme Building-By SGBZ

when you save the file you made make sure your are in the same folder you got it from, save as png, to make sure the file doesn't duplicate click the name of the file up top (saves time) that way you don't accidentally end up with phone_default[1] or phone_default.psd

after you click save make sure when this box pops up it says none and click ok

make sure your file was overwritten in its original location, then back out until you reach your res folder

put the res folder back where you got it from in 7zip, click yes to the box that pops up

sign your phone apk

create a system folder and move all your edited signed apk's into that folder

inside system create a framework folder and an app folder (others may be required depending on the type of file being edited but all apk's will either be app or framework) then move your apk's into the correct folders. phone default will go in app as would clock widget and rosie...others may go in framework (com.htc.resources) depending on where you got it from.

then put in your meta file next to your system folder (For your convenience) META-INF.zip

select both folders (make sure before doing this that all of your apk's have been signed) right click, 7zip add to (name).zip

sign your zip

then...copy zip to sd card and flash...take screen shots and post!

Last edited by sprintgirl; 09-24-2010 at 06:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

This is meant only to get you started! Explore apk's and folders! Have fun with it! I would tell you all the files that I edit specifically and which apk's they come from but it is my opinion that I would only limit your creativity! Plus...why would I give away my secrets Enjoy guys! I know you have all been waiting for this!

Last edited by sprintgirl; 09-13-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Reserved for linkys to YOUR theme threads! PM me a linky to your thread...when you get there-no hurry and I will put a link to your EVO theme right HERE!

SGBZ EVO THEMES

Last edited by sprintgirl; 09-13-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Would opening the image in gimp and colorizing it harm anything?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
Would opening the image in gimp and colorizing it harm anything?

no just make sure that you save the file correctly and put the theme back together...signing is a very important step. you can edit your images however you would like...sometimes i just change hue and saturation and sometimes i replace the image all together...go crazy! do you!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

My images are down... don't know why but I will work on it tonite.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

I am definitely going to try this .. I like your creativity and heart that you put into your themes but I feel you are missing class and organization for the sake of a goofy colorful theme.. but this all said in total respect .. thank you by the way
Old 09-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

pix fixed! thanks for your patience!

what are you talking about class and organization???
Old 09-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Nice work sprintgirl, thanks for taking the time to make this tutorial and sharing it with all of the members here.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods