PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 03:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Root 3D with new bootloader 1.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I finally went HTC as well. One thing I am not sure about. I used fastboot to flash recovery on my PC to flash a rom w/custom kernal. If thats the case, why cant you just run fastboot from the phone, run recovery, and then flash?
maybe cuz s-on

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 10-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Ok so down right noObish here but I dont want to hear crap about it cause Im gana be new to android and I have to ask these things

I talked to a friend that works at the sprint store here and he has a rooted evo 3d
He said that He bough his phone on launch weekend.
His phone came with Boot 1.5... wich is apearently ONLY rootable from HTC correct?

There is no other method then having HTC root it and blacklist your phone from repairs... as far as I understand.

But a few things I reading say that people rooted befor 1.5 update, but the guy I talked to said that his phone came out of the box with 1.5 already and he got it the weekend it came out

So whats the deal with 1.5?
have we just not figured it out yet?

Oh and what is s-off/on?

Last edited by aedon; 10-26-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:10 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Ok so down right noObish here but I dont want to hear crap about it cause Im gana be new to android and I have to ask these things

I talked to a friend that works at the sprint store here and he has a rooted evo 3d
He said that He bough his phone on launch weekend.
His phone came with Boot 1.5... wich is apearently ONLY rootable from HTC correct?

There is no other method then having HTC root it and blacklist your phone from repairs... as far as I understand.

But a few things I reading say that people rooted befor 1.5 update, but the guy I talked to said that his phone came out of the box with 1.5 already and he got it the weekend it came out

So whats the deal with 1.5?
have we just not figured it out yet?

Oh and what is s-off/on?
the only way to root hboot 1.50 is the HTC way
witch is on any E3D shipped after 8/18

anyone that got the E3D befor this date had either Hboot 1.30 for any E3D shipped 6/20 or Hboot 1.40 6/24 they were able to use Revolutionary root method

I myself got mine on the 6/20 so i had hboot 1.30 any Sprint premier customer was albe to order theirs early

S-off = signature verification off
meaning you can flash a rom/kernel not signed by HTC/Sprint

Last edited by Karl; 10-26-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
the only way to root hboot 1.50 is the HTC way
witch is on any E3D shipped after 8/18

anyone that got the E3D befor this date had either Hboot 1.30 for any E3D shipped 6/20 or Hboot 1.40 6/24 they were able to use Revolutionary root method

I myself got mine on the 6/20 so i had hboot 1.30 any Sprint premier customer was albe to order theirs early

S-off = signature verification off
meaning you can flash a rom/kernel not signed by HTC/Sprint

oh ok that makes more sense.
What was the release date for the E3D cause the rep I talked to said that he got his the weekend it came out and out of the box it had 1.5
he said that he had to root through htc
But.. if possible Id like to try and avoid that. I mean I really only want wifi tether..

Is there anyone trying to make a work around root?
or has everyone given up and just let people go with the HTC method
Old 10-26-2011, 10:15 PM
N00b

Quote:
oh ok that makes more sense.
What was the release date for the E3D cause the rep I talked to said that he got his the weekend it came out and out of the box it had 1.5
he said that he had to root through htc
But.. if possible Id like to try and avoid that. I mean I really only want wifi tether..

Is there anyone trying to make a work around root?
or has everyone given up and just let people go with the HTC method
the release date for the E3D was 6/20/11
if he had Hboot 1.5 the he got his 8/18 or after

i believe the Revolutionary team is working on rooting hboot 1.5 but not sure when that will be its been almost 2 months with no new root for hboot 1.5

if i was you i would look for one on ebay or in the bargain center with an older hboot or already rooted with non-htc method
Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
the release date for the E3D was 6/20/11
if he had Hboot 1.5 the he got his 8/18 or after

i believe the Revolutionary team is working on rooting hboot 1.5 but not sure when that will be its been almost 2 months with no new root for hboot 1.5

if i was you i would look for one on ebay or in the bargain center with an older hboot or already rooted with non-htc method

Thing is I can get one from sprint for my sero upgrade for like 150.
I HIGHLY dought Ima find one on ebay for that price lol

not a good one anyway

I dont mind waiting awhile longer for the rev to work it out.
But if its been 2 months already with nothing to show.. what are the odds that they get it any time soon?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:34 PM
N00b

Quote:
Thing is I can get one from sprint for my sero upgrade for like 150.
I HIGHLY dought Ima find one on ebay for that price lol

not a good one anyway

I dont mind waiting awhile longer for the rev to work it out.
But if its been 2 months already with nothing to show.. what are the odds that they get it any time soon?
its hard to say cuz the hard part is cracking the hboot it took them a month to crack it last time
they can go along time with nothing to show then one day they find a flaw in the code and bam its cracked
Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

In lamens terms, what does it take to crack it?
like, what are they look ing for?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 PM
N00b

Quote:
In lamens terms, what does it take to crack it?
like, what are they look ing for?
will they need to brake the hboot encryption
Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

well hopefully they crack it soon.

Hopefully htc didnt get it right this time lol

I mean since the htc way does unlock it, there has to be a way.
Is it possible to just go through what the htc method does to unlock it and figure out the key points and implement that into the rev method?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D