View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Karl
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Root 3D with new bootloader 1.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Ok so down right noObish here but I dont want to hear crap about it cause Im gana be new to android and I have to ask these things

I talked to a friend that works at the sprint store here and he has a rooted evo 3d
He said that He bough his phone on launch weekend.
His phone came with Boot 1.5... wich is apearently ONLY rootable from HTC correct?

There is no other method then having HTC root it and blacklist your phone from repairs... as far as I understand.

But a few things I reading say that people rooted befor 1.5 update, but the guy I talked to said that his phone came out of the box with 1.5 already and he got it the weekend it came out

So whats the deal with 1.5?
have we just not figured it out yet?

Oh and what is s-off/on?
the only way to root hboot 1.50 is the HTC way
witch is on any E3D shipped after 8/18

anyone that got the E3D befor this date had either Hboot 1.30 for any E3D shipped 6/20 or Hboot 1.40 6/24 they were able to use Revolutionary root method

I myself got mine on the 6/20 so i had hboot 1.30 any Sprint premier customer was albe to order theirs early

S-off = signature verification off
meaning you can flash a rom/kernel not signed by HTC/Sprint

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 10-26-2011 at 09:14 PM.