PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

bmxmike is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't Turn Data On

Ok so I bought a Sprint Diamond back around November and had problems with Alltel and just now got it turned on. My problem is back whenever I first got it I went in qpst and changed everything and all was good.

The only thing was I followed some guide I saw to keep Data from being enabled and now I can't figure out how to turn it back on and it was so long ago I can't find the guide. I go to the Com Manager and hit the Data to turn it on but it just turns grey and does nothing. I opened up the new version of qpst and go through all the setting and I'm not seeing a single thing about data. I don't know if anyone knows how to do what i did(disabling the data) but does anyone have any idea on how to re-enable it?

My SMS and Phone work I just can't do MMS and Data. This is a Sprint Diamond on Alltel.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can't Turn Data On

Go to Communications and press data and it should turn yellow meaning it is ON.
You said you did this so give it a soft reset and try again and see what happens.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

##3282# Edit. enter msl set active profile to 1

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bmxmike is a n00b

I have already tried this. As i said before:

Going to Settings>Communications and then clicking the data connection does nothing. It is in the off position you click it, it turns grey and then just stays on off.

As I said before I did something in QPST to do this because I didn't have a data plan at the time and someone had a guide on how to use the phone without the data ever turning on. Well now I have a data plan but it's been so long since I did it and I no longer see the tutorial here on how i did it to do it in reverse. I'm trying to figure out how to either find what I did and change it or find a program that could maybe try and override it and force Data on.

Quote:
Here are the settings....

Active Profile: 1
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Only
User Name: 10Digit Cell number@alltel.net
SPI MN-HA: 4D2
SPI MN-AAA: 4D2
Reverse Tunnel: Enable
Home Agent IP: 0.0.0.0
Primary Home Agent: 255.255.255.255
Second Home Agent: 68.28.113.76
HA Shared Secret(HEX): secret
AAA Shared Secret(HEX):alltel

------------------------------------------------
Another thing is that the MSID is not that of my cell. It starts with the same area code but is different so I was going to call alltel on that and check and also probably call them in the morning and see if they can shine any light. Is there anyway to restore the phone, including all changes from QPST and EPST to the original shipped version and basically start over? Also I'll attach a txt file with all my settings to see if someone can help me
Attached Files
File Type: txt epst.txt (1.7 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bmxmike; 06-16-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

hmm I don't know for sure since I have never flashed but, I'm with Sprint and my MSID is not the same as my phone number either, same area code as well.
Is there a setting on your phone that updates profile? Or is doing that skunk your phone since you changed carriers? I know with sprint on sprint you can update profile to get data working if you already have your active profile set to 1.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bmxmike is a n00b

Update is under; Start > Settings > System? If so, then no.

Anyone who is using a Sprint Diamond on Alltel for data, when you click Data does it bring up a connection screen?
---------------------
Network Logon

User name:
Password:
Domain:
-----------------------
This screen pops-up when I hit data connect. Is there a specific login info that you use? I've tried user: alltel pass: alltel; user:4058262127@alltel.net pass: alltel.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Still a Geek

on Sprint we leave it blank and call is #777
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acousticsoulfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to acousticsoulfish Send a message via MSN to acousticsoulfish Send a message via Yahoo to acousticsoulfish

alright... I just left alltel and came over to sprint. alltel doesn't have an update prl or profile ... first, have you hard reset your device?
Your best friend becomes your worst enemy. Lollipops turn into cigarettes. Pepsi becomes vodka. Kisses turn into sex. Remember when getting high meant swinging on the playground? When protection meant wearing kneepads and a helmet? When dad’s shoulders were the highest place on earth, & mom was your hero? Your worst enemy was your siblings. Race issues were about who ran the fastest. War was only a card game. Its amazing how we couldn’t wait to grow up.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE COZ BOOGIE MILITIA
Old 06-17-2009, 01:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bmxmike is a n00b

Yes, But I'll try again. Also I've flashed a couple of times and even to the shipped to see if that worked.

1)Shipped Sprint
2)Confippers Alltel(Nov. 0
3)Shipped Alltel (2 days ago)
4)MightyRom4

Also during a flash doesn't the registry get reset? Cause I can't remember but I think I might have changed a registry value but I would think after a flash it would reset.

Also thanks to everyone whose trying to help its very apreciated
Old 06-17-2009, 01:23 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Its asking for my Unlock Code, but I dont know what that is. I'm having a problem with Text messages Delays

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond