PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen protector, case or both???

I just got the diamond from an upgrade from my touch and the screen on this thing is amazing. ive had it for about 2 weeks now and havent bought a case or screen protector yet. my question is has anyone gotten either? which do you suggest? i had a scratch on my touch and it pissed me off right on the slider for answering the phone and my nail would get caught everytime.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Screen protector, case or both???

Bought my diamond from a fellow geeker and he was kind enough to install a boxwave screen protector, and i rock mine in my pocket no case....

btw... I dyed my back cover like in a thread floating around here... Worked awesome, now my diamond is ALL black except the red piece around the plugin.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use an Invisibleshield screen protector by www.zagg.com Really nice protector. Enjoy your Diamond and apply a shield, whichever one you choose, asap as your screen will get scratched up before you know it.

Last edited by Biker1; 06-03-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

epiphany9x is a n00b

If you want anything close to smooth, skip invisibleshield. Get boxwave.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I went thru 3 Boxwave protectors and they all got scratched up within minutes, from the use of my stylus!Not one scratch on my Invisibleshield after weeks of use. They sent me a replacement shield free of charge because I replaced my Diamond with another Diamond. Boxwave customer service bites as they said after they sent me the first replacement that their shields were scratch resistant and not scratch proofAlso they had me send pictures of the stylus I was using. What did they think I was using, an icepick!The Zagg shield does have a slight texture to it but it does get smoother over time and is a non issue, at least for me.

Last edited by Biker1; 06-03-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

epiphany9x is a n00b

Haha I never gave the Invisibleshield a chance to smooth out, after two weeks it was gone because I couldn't use S2A or any sliding gestures.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:57 AM
Lurker

mminasian is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany9x View Post
Haha I never gave the Invisibleshield a chance to smooth out, after two weeks it was gone because I couldn't use S2A or any sliding gestures.
I had one on my old MDA and it was pretty impressive. I didn't choose to put one on my Diamond though, it is just too thick. I use the included screen protector and no case. I have nary a scratch on anything, but then, I don't abuse my phones. It all depends on the user I suppose. I think that just like the iPod factor from back in the day, ya it might get scratched, or you might drop it, but what is the point of having a sick new sleek device and putting it in a bulky cover?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My friends G1 is completely wrapped in Invisible shield. I HATE it. Somehow it feels oily and resistive at the same time, plus its still hard to perform swiping actions. As for the boxwave on my diamond.... im sure if he hadnt told me it was on there i would have never known.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:01 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I bought a package of generic palm screen protectors. There were 20 of them, and I'm still on number 1, over six months later. I got them at the Bell store.

I also rock a hard plastic case for "when" (not if) it gets dropped. you can get ones on the cheap off ebay.

this is the one I use;
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Rubber-Blue-Hard-Case-for-Sprint-HTC-Touch-Diamond_W0QQitemZ250430604082QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPD A_Accessories?hash=item3a4ed3c332&_trksid=p3286.c0 .m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3 A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

has a nice rubbery feel to it, not slippery plastic.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use Shieldskins.com, they are smooth yet really durable.

I use the full body which took forever to apply but now it looks great

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond