PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch
Carrier: Telus

Arts is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Damaged Display - Black Screen

Is it possible to access the phone system from a computer to do a hard reset and backup data? My HTC Diamond phone screen went black after I dropped it a few days ago. I can still use the hard keys to call out using voice command and I can receive calls but that's about it. I need to relock it and backup my data before I take it in to telus. Do I also need to reinstall the original telus ROM? I can't do a hard reset because I can't enter the 1234 sequence.

Help please.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Damaged Display - Black Screen

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 04-22-2009, 03:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can hard reset by Vol Down + Power + Dpad center + Soft Reset. It takes a litttle coordination but it's doable.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

M4te0 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post
Is it possible to access the phone system from a computer to do a hard reset and backup data? My HTC Diamond phone screen went black after I dropped it a few days ago. I can still use the hard keys to call out using voice command and I can receive calls but that's about it. I need to relock it and backup my data before I take it in to telus. Do I also need to reinstall the original telus ROM? I can't do a hard reset because I can't enter the 1234 sequence.

Help please.
you can still hard reset. but you probably wont be able to clear storage. but backing up is going to be hard probably. anyway, with the phone off... hold "volume down" and "enter key" for a second or two. while those buttons are pressed tap the "power key" this will bring up your hard reset if your locked or bootloader if your unlocked. hope that helped.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Download MyMobiler, you should be able to see the phones screen on the computer, and control it through it.

http://www.mtux.com/

That is what happened to me, and it allowed me to back up my programs. My screen broke, but everything else worked.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

+1 for myMobiler - www.mymobiler.com. It autoinstalls on your phone if you install the desktop app first, then brings up your phone on you monitor and lets you use it like normal with the mouse and keyboard.

[
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Download MyMobiler, you should be able to see the phones screen on the computer, and control it through it.

http://www.mtux.com/

That is what happened to me, and it allowed me to back up my programs. My screen broke, but everything else worked.

yep great idea i use that program daily!!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond

kevinmwolf is a n00b

I had the same problem. turned out to be a loose ribbon cable on the bottom d-pad circuit board.

if your ballsy, you can open up the phone... which will obviously void your warranty...

But be aware that the screws actually screw into TINY little standoffs that are set in there. If you are not careful, they will fall out and you will need superglue and tweezers to put them back in. Its a *****, but if your handy, go for it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch
Threadstarter

Arts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post

Help please.
Thank you all for your great help, I was able to use My Mobiler to backup my data and do a hard reset. I even cloned the phone using SPB Clone and saved the image on my laptop but I am not sure if it will work to restore it since I don't have the replacement unit yet. I then relocked the phone and installed the latest Telus ROM available from HTC's website. However, I was not able to install My Mobiler after installing the Telus ROM (which appeared to automaticly relock the phone after installation). Anyway, Telus will send me a replacement phone under warranty. I have so far learnt the following from my experience with HTC Diamond for the last 9 months:

1. The hardware is very flimsy, all it takes is one drop on a hard surface and something inside will break for sure (with no sign of damage on the exterior). In my case it was the hardware buttons the first time and the display the second time. Does anyone have similar issues with the Diamond?
2. If you relock the phone first and then install the new Telus ROM, you will not be able to unlock the phone or flash it with any other ROM (I was using Mighty Mike 4.5). I may be wrong but I spent a couple of hours trying. Any idea what is going on?

Again my sincere thank you to all of you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond