PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Texting and Battery Life?

Why does it seem like my texting is killing my battery life? I can only get like 4-8 hours from a charge on my phone. I'm running MR 4.6 (need to update profile) and on Alltel. Phone calls and data (EVDO) don't use as much battery so my theory is that it's the SIP using the battery the most.

Any suggestions? Just throw it out there no matter what (even if it's a new battery). The phone is pretty much new.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Texting and Battery Life?

Whats the draw on your battery while your txting? Whats the draw on your battery at idle?

(WTB 4.7 maybe the SIP issue being resolved will help)

I cant offer too much help about battery life cause I charge mine everywhere I go. Charger at home/work/car.

And FFS update your profile (Just playing).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:49 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

One thing:

If you're on EVDO, text messages send and recieve in 1X mode. If you're constantly switching back and forth, it kills the battery.

Something to try:

HKLM->Software->OEM->PhoneSetting

Change "HiddenModeOperation" from 1 to 0.

Then go to Settings -> Phone -> Mode of Operation and set 1X only.

Try that for a day and see if it solves your problem

Donate if you like my work!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Same thing happens to me. I'm on EVDO all the time and it's constanltly switching from EV to 1x when sending/receiving. The battery depletes at an alarming rate. I don't know if I want to set the mode to 1x permanently because I use a lot of data during the day too and I don't want to use 1x instead of EV since it's so much slower.

Overall pretty frustrating
Old 03-16-2009, 10:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Threadstarter

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
One thing:

If you're on EVDO, text messages send and recieve in 1X mode. If you're constantly switching back and forth, it kills the battery.

Something to try:

I thought of that. I'll try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Same thing happens to me. I'm on EVDO all the time and it's constanltly switching from EV to 1x when sending/receiving. The battery depletes at an alarming rate. I don't know if I want to set the mode to 1x permanently because I use a lot of data during the day too and I don't want to use 1x instead of EV since it's so much slower.

Overall pretty frustrating
Yeah I know the feeling.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
One thing:

Something to try:

I can verify this works. I started forcing 1x about a week ago when I learned of this reg tweak and my battery life has certainly been better.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 03-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I can verify this works. I started forcing 1x about a week ago when I learned of this reg tweak and my battery life has certainly been better.
Do you use your data plan for a lot of browsing etc? 1x is much much slower than EVDO..
Old 03-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Do you use your data plan for a lot of browsing etc? 1x is much much slower than EVDO..
Not really during the day. While I'm working I might take the phone out of my pocket to fire off a quick text, but that's about it. No data really except for at lunch. Then I just put it back in EVDO. I suppose if you use the internet at random times during the day switching back and forth could really be a pain. If I use it it's usually for a set purpose, like "oh, I need to check my bank account" or whatever. So then it's no big deal to switch to EVDO, then back again. I guess if you use the internet a lot this can be a pain in the arse.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:24 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Threadstarter

Hmm I tried it and it seemed to help.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Not really during the day. While I'm working I might take the phone out of my pocket to fire off a quick text, but that's about it. No data really except for at lunch. Then I just put it back in EVDO. I suppose if you use the internet at random times during the day switching back and forth could really be a pain. If I use it it's usually for a set purpose, like "oh, I need to check my bank account" or whatever. So then it's no big deal to switch to EVDO, then back again. I guess if you use the internet a lot this can be a pain in the arse.
Yeah it's definitely a pain but I guess I'll just switch to EVDO when necessary and leave it on 1x the rest of the time to try and save some battery. About 100 texts a day are a real battery killer...

Thanks for the solution though intx.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond