PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ydoucare is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond - Internal Storage renamed Internal Storage2

Anybody seen this? Disconnected from ActiveSync earlier and Internal Storage is now Internal Storage2. Is there any way of renaming this before I go fixing all of my shortcuts and iGo? Running the stock Sprint ROM.

Edit: found it in search finally. *hand to forehead*

Last edited by ydoucare; 12-24-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

micr5 is a n00b
Re: Diamond - Internal Storage renamed Internal Storage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoucare View Post
Anybody seen this? Disconnected from ActiveSync earlier and Internal Storage is now Internal Storage2. Is there any way of renaming this before I go fixing all of my shortcuts and iGo? Running the stock Sprint ROM.

Edit: found it in search finally. *hand to forehead*
I had the same thing happen to me a while back.
You say you were connected via active sync, so you may not have the same problem but here is what I found:

I had an "internal storage" in device memory and my storage card "internal Storage" was renamed "internal storage 2" . After reading I discovered that this happens when something tries to write to internal storage when you are hooked to the computer in USB mode. The solution is to hook back to the computer in usb mode and delete the "internal storage" folder on the device. Internal storage 2 will then automatically be renamed back to "internal storage".

Note that it is important to be hooked to the computer in usb mode when you delete the internal storage folder from your device or it may not delete.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

ydoucare is just getting started

Yeah, that's what happened. I just deleted the Internal Storage folder from file explorer and did a soft reset and it was fixed. Thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydoucare View Post
Yeah, that's what happened. I just deleted the Internal Storage folder from file explorer and did a soft reset and it was fixed. Thanks
That is what I did as well when it happened to me
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on Earth. So what the hell, leap! -- Peter McWilliams
Old 12-25-2008, 05:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i think i got a hotfix for this on the htc site from them.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by micr5 View Post
The solution is to hook back to the computer in usb mode and delete the "internal storage" folder on the device. Internal storage 2 will then automatically be renamed back to "internal storage".

Note that it is important to be hooked to the computer in usb mode when you delete the internal storage folder from your device or it may not delete.
It won't let me delete the Internal Storage file folder, no matter what mode I'm in - it says its a sharing violation. Can anyone help? Also, I couldn't find a hotfix on HTC's site either.

-- It let me delete it once, but after soft reset, both folders came back again.

Last edited by Dreading; 03-26-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Try to rename the internal storage to internal storage3 and then internal storage2 back to internal storage. Not sure if it will let you rename but if you can then you can delete the renamed 3 folder.

Also, try using Total Commander instead of the file explorer on the phone.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreading View Post
It won't let me delete the Internal Storage file folder, no matter what mode I'm in - it says its a sharing violation. Can anyone help? Also, I couldn't find a hotfix on HTC's site either.

-- It let me delete it once, but after soft reset, both folders came back again.
make sure its the one without the memory card on the icon in your device folder
Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Flash the stock ROM and relock and get another phone.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:06 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've had a similar thing happen, but with USB Storage mode. The issue is when you have it connected to a PC, "internal storage" disappears as the PC is using it. Meanwhile applications like outlook still running sometimes needs to save data to "internal storage". It then creates a new internal storage. When you unplug it from the PC, it tries to reserve the name but its already in use so it turns to internal storage2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond