PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond - Internal Storage renamed Internal Storage2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50491)

ydoucare 12-24-2008 08:24 PM

Diamond - Internal Storage renamed Internal Storage2

Anybody seen this? Disconnected from ActiveSync earlier and Internal Storage is now Internal Storage2. Is there any way of renaming this before I go fixing all of my shortcuts and iGo? Running the stock Sprint ROM.

Edit: found it in search finally. *hand to forehead*

micr5 12-24-2008 10:03 PM

Re: Diamond - Internal Storage renamed Internal Storage2

Quote:

Originally Posted by ydoucare (Post 599240)
Anybody seen this? Disconnected from ActiveSync earlier and Internal Storage is now Internal Storage2. Is there any way of renaming this before I go fixing all of my shortcuts and iGo? Running the stock Sprint ROM.

Edit: found it in search finally. *hand to forehead*

I had the same thing happen to me a while back.
You say you were connected via active sync, so you may not have the same problem but here is what I found:

I had an "internal storage" in device memory and my storage card "internal Storage" was renamed "internal storage 2" . After reading I discovered that this happens when something tries to write to internal storage when you are hooked to the computer in USB mode. The solution is to hook back to the computer in usb mode and delete the "internal storage" folder on the device. Internal storage 2 will then automatically be renamed back to "internal storage".

Note that it is important to be hooked to the computer in usb mode when you delete the internal storage folder from your device or it may not delete.

ydoucare 12-24-2008 11:03 PM

Yeah, that's what happened. I just deleted the Internal Storage folder from file explorer and did a soft reset and it was fixed. Thanks

al3azim 12-25-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ydoucare (Post 599420)
Yeah, that's what happened. I just deleted the Internal Storage folder from file explorer and did a soft reset and it was fixed. Thanks

That is what I did as well when it happened to me

darren.wlsn1 12-25-2008 05:55 PM

i think i got a hotfix for this on the htc site from them.

Dreading 03-26-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micr5 (Post 599345)
The solution is to hook back to the computer in usb mode and delete the "internal storage" folder on the device. Internal storage 2 will then automatically be renamed back to "internal storage".

Note that it is important to be hooked to the computer in usb mode when you delete the internal storage folder from your device or it may not delete.

It won't let me delete the Internal Storage file folder, no matter what mode I'm in - it says its a sharing violation. Can anyone help? Also, I couldn't find a hotfix on HTC's site either.

-- It let me delete it once, but after soft reset, both folders came back again.

eenieMINI 03-26-2009 12:40 PM

Try to rename the internal storage to internal storage3 and then internal storage2 back to internal storage. Not sure if it will let you rename but if you can then you can delete the renamed 3 folder.

Also, try using Total Commander instead of the file explorer on the phone.

violent31601 03-26-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreading (Post 800191)
It won't let me delete the Internal Storage file folder, no matter what mode I'm in - it says its a sharing violation. Can anyone help? Also, I couldn't find a hotfix on HTC's site either.

-- It let me delete it once, but after soft reset, both folders came back again.

make sure its the one without the memory card on the icon in your device folder

MrObvious 03-26-2009 01:40 PM

Flash the stock ROM and relock and get another phone.

p2k 03-26-2009 05:06 PM

I've had a similar thing happen, but with USB Storage mode. The issue is when you have it connected to a PC, "internal storage" disappears as the PC is using it. Meanwhile applications like outlook still running sometimes needs to save data to "internal storage". It then creates a new internal storage. When you unplug it from the PC, it tries to reserve the name but its already in use so it turns to internal storage2.