PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

DodgeV83 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cube for VGA devices? If not what's the quickest way to make a phone call?

I severely miss the Contacts side of the cube I had on my Touch. No matter what program I was in, or what I was doing, I can call anyone of my 9 favorites in .5 seconds. Swipe up my thumb and press their face.

Now I have to press the Home button, slide over to the People tab, scroll down till I see their face. Wait for the scrolling to stop flipping through all my favorites and land where I told it to. Press the Call button.

I've given up on this and now simply press the Phone button, type out their name, confirm it's calling the right person then click Send.

If I can't get the Cube installed, is there another program or any other way I can get my *.5 second call any favorite* from anywhere functionality back?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cube for VGA devices? If not what's the quickest way to make a phone call?

SPB Mobile Shell has a feature for what you're looking for. You'll have to shell out $30 though.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff

you can use ms voice command I have it assigned to the long talk button push. push and hold the sound plays I say who I want to call and boom it dials. I do miss the cube as well, it would be nice to have a tf3d tab like the programs tab but for contacts.

Last edited by jrn6264; 01-02-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

I use the standard Windows Mobile Today screen with SPB Phone Suite (and WeatherPanel). I have 6 speed dials right on the Today screen. I tap a face and hit "yes" and it dials immediately. I can touch and hold and it gives me options such as call their various numbers, send a text, etc. I have a Contacts button at the bottom right. Works great.

Much better than TouchFlo 3D, but less flashy.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DodgeV83 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
SPB Mobile Shell has a feature for what you're looking for. You'll have to shell out $30 though.
Would I need to replace my whole interface for this? Or can I keep my current interface the same, and have the contacts screen appear whenever I swipe up?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

This is what it looks like:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1227899455
Old 01-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Forgot to add this one, I believe it's free.
http://www.touch-shell.com/
Old 01-02-2009, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DodgeV83 is a n00b

Hmm, but both of these applications would replace the new 3D interface

I know it's possible to program Touch Flo to open a specific app when swiping up. Is there any app that replicates the Contact screen of the cube? Pretty much just want 9 squares I can replace with faces to call my favorites.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well more of a disabling of TouchFlo.

I find the regular Today screen much more usable. TouchFlo3D is pretty, but requires a lot of work to get anything done. That's your complaint, and it was mine as well. Now I have the calendar, speed dials, the time, a count of unread emails, unread SMS, unread MMS, new voicemails, missed calls, and a 5-day weather forecast all on my home screen with zero touches. A single touch brings up the start menu with access to launch 12 programs. A single touch brings up my email inbox, my SMS inbox, my call history, my full calendar, or dials voicemail.

I suggest you at least give a TF3D-less world a try.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
Well more of a disabling of TouchFlo.

I find the regular Today screen much more usable. TouchFlo3D is pretty, but requires a lot of work to get anything done. That's your complaint, and it was mine as well. Now I have the calendar, speed dials, the time, a count of unread emails, unread SMS, unread MMS, new voicemails, missed calls, and a 5-day weather forecast all on my home screen with zero touches. A single touch brings up the start menu with access to launch 12 programs. A single touch brings up my email inbox, my SMS inbox, my call history, my full calendar, or dials voicemail.

I suggest you at least give a TF3D-less world a try.
I have to agree here. I Thought TouchFlo was the bomb when I first got my Diamond. Real slick looking and all but the problem was I found it to be a real pain to get things done quickly, especially the speed dial. I just dumped it in favor of SPB Mobile Shell. The only things I can honestly say that TF3D beats out SPB on is the weather and photo apps, but that's just me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond