PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Du

battlekat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cracked Screen & other damage.

Recently dropped my Diamond, noticed that there is now a 2cm diagonal crack at the bottom right of my screen, further more pieces of the back cover have chipped off. What are my options, can i send it back to Telus for repair/exchange?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Cracked Screen & other damage.

Two options:

You pay $499 and now have two Diamonds.

Telus doesn't have insurance or physical damage replacement. Even if you brick your phone, they'll blame on it the fact that you physically damaged it to the point that it doesn't work, and you'll have to pay to fix it anyways (which probably won't fix the dents, and still cost as much as a new phone).

Two: Live with your mistakes in dropping a $500 phone. It happens, it sucks, but you have to deal with it.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I think i might go with an LG Dare this time. Diamond is too fragile (flimsy)
Old 12-11-2008, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

psweitzer is just getting started

It is a tough and sometimes costly lesson to learn isn't it??

I know the feeling... I left my Touch (not my Diamond, my first Touch) on the hood of my car and drove away only to have it run over by an ice cream truck of all things!!! how could something that brings so much joy cause me such pain... =)

Fight the urge to walk away from the wondrous world of Htc...
1st HTC Vogue ( R.I.P. 09/20/2008 )
2nd HTC Vogue found a new owner 12/10/2008!
Current ROM : Caulklin
Radio : Stock Bell
Old 12-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psweitzer View Post
It is a tough and sometimes costly lesson to learn isn't it??

I know the feeling... I left my Touch (not my Diamond, my first Touch) on the hood of my car and drove away only to have it run over by an ice cream truck of all things!!! how could something that brings so much joy cause me such pain... =)

Fight the urge to walk away from the wondrous world of Htc...
lol dont want to laugh, but i remember u talking about this in the vogue forum and i was just laughing at the fact that imagine if it still worked, my old motorola dual band flip phone (cdma) survived a fall thru my car on the highway going 120 km/hr and still worked somewhat (could recieve and send calls) lol

Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Went to Telus, they can repair the screen for $125 and as for the back cover...well that's another nightmare, costs almost as much as the new screen ($60 + $20 shipping), except they're out of stock. The lack of apps, accessories & poor build quality have made me believe it's time to move on, It's a shame, this phone had potential.

BTW, I might have a slightly damaged yet still functionning Diamond for sale or for donation to "testers." I'll let y'all know what the deal is next week

Last edited by battlekat; 12-11-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: I'm on my 4th or 5th HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

brear33 is a n00b

I suppose I made a good investment when buying the insurance (from futureshop), otherwise I'd be down approx $2500 by now on the touch diamond alone.

Sometimes it's worth it, othertimes not so much.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brear33 View Post
I suppose I made a good investment when buying the insurance (from futureshop), otherwise I'd be down approx $2500 by now on the touch diamond alone.

Sometimes it's worth it, othertimes not so much.
whas does their warranty entail?
Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlekat View Post
I think i might go with an LG Dare this time. Diamond is too fragile (flimsy)
LOL You dropped it of course its going to break. And dont even try to compare the lg dare to a diamond and say thats its better because its not flimsy. If the dare had all the features of the diamond IT WOULD NOT TAKE TO WELL TO BEING DROPPED EITHER.

It pisses me off when people drop their phone and it breaks and they try to blame the manufacture because it somehow makes them feel better that they were the retard who dropped their phone.

Look at my attached pic I suppose because I threw my first diamond across my garage and it bounced off the block wall and broke I should blame the phone as being flimsy.

Bottom line is gmac was trying to rip me off on interest on my paid off H2 hummer and I couldnt reach an american rep alwayes got somone in india. And I got pissed and threw it across my garage. But im rich so no big deal I accepted my mistake. I was more sad that I couldnt find another diamond as this was when they first came out. So I ended up getting one off Craigs List and got screwed over on that one. So 3 times I paid for a new diamond.

And as for your other rubbish comment about lack of apps and the other rubbish. It has more apps then the lg dare and any other phone thats out for that matter including the i-phone. Bottom line dont blame the phone because your a retard who cant manage to hold onto a phone. Try lifting some weights perhaps that will help

Also let me add that I threw this thing as hard as I could and it hit a block wall and the bounced off the floor. And you know what It still made and received calls and I was able to usb sync it with my pc and get the files off it. And it wasnt even in a protective case bare *** naked. You call this a flimsy phone? You are crazy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00409.JPG (43.8 KB, 57 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dcperdue; 12-11-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wow, those were harsh words...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond