PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
New Diamond Swap, Different REV.

Has a different Hardware revision.

10/07/08 is the Build date and hardware revisions are as follows. thewre are 2

Rev:TE00

and

REV:TD00

i wonder what has changed... but the new swap unit dont appear to charge the batter... i hope its a bad batter and not the damn phone.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Diamond Swap, Different REV.

hopefully newer = better. i'm interested in seeing what has been changed.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

heat shield i hope
also im running the new telus rum official update for a dat... its pretty fast
Old 12-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

oh man, if its a swap and a diff heat shield, think it'll b possible to swap it out at bell for a new one?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
oh man, if its a swap and a diff heat shield, think it'll b possible to swap it out at bell for a new one?
i dont know if it was missing it but it was confirmed the telus and sprint origional shipped units were.... they revised the design after so many users were complaining of head and battery issues.

im hoping this new hardware rev has the heatshild but cant know unless i open itand im not going to.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
i dont know if it was missing it but it was confirmed the telus and sprint origional shipped units were.... they revised the design after so many users were complaining of head and battery issues.

im hoping this new hardware rev has the heatshild but cant know unless i open itand im not going to.
so if it was confirmed that they were missing the heatshield why didnt they do a recall? (i know obviously why, but i mean, it could potentially damage some expensive stuff)
Old 12-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Carrier: Sprint

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

My Sprint has a date of 17/07/08 and a rev of FA00.
I wonder if I should go for a replacement based on this(?).
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 12-06-2008, 04:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

I also just got a REV: FA00.

I just did a Asurion replacement and immediately noticed that the "new" one I received had a yellowish tint on the LCD. Other than that it does not get warm like my other one. (maybe b/c of new battery?) Im not sure what my previous ones REV was, but I 100% guaranty that the new has a tint. I compared both with max brightness on, laying right next to each other.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
My Sprint has a date of 17/07/08 and a rev of FA00.
I wonder if I should go for a replacement based on this(?).
how do you check the rev
Old 12-06-2008, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

One of my employees just left my house after dropping off a cicso iad router. He has one of the new revision phones. He wouldnt let me open it but I can tell the folowing.

My diamond has some strange things and ive heared others as well like light bleeding and the display poping up on the lower left hand corner. And the front buttons poping up in corners. The new revision is smooth and quite dont creek at all like mine does.

I started a data session and let the screen stay lit and dont even get warm at all. Of course mine dont either after using the verizon radio rom. I used an envolope scale and weighd both phones the revised phone was heavier but .003 grams. Heatsheild installed? perhaps. I did notice that under the batt cover looked the same on both diamonds so perhaps something added inside? would be nice to take one apart and see. Im going to try get mine exchanged and ill open it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond