PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Round 2 PICS!!] Made My Own Leather Pouch! haha

So since i was a kid, i've always been crafty and challenged myself to make things...

I wanted a leather pouch and didn't wanna drop 40bucks on the only one i liked online... I was in bestbuy and saw a few nice pouches for the iphone, but nothing for my phones size... i don't like belt clips, i don't like a flap i have to unbuckle to get to my phone. I just wanted a simple pouch (for cheap) to protect my phone incase i have multiple items in my pockets (ie phone and keys in the same pocket)

So i went to the fabric store and bought a strip of black leather, with a soft unfinished backing, for $3.99...

made some measurements, cut leather into 2 pieces, put them against eachother as if the pouch was inside out. i used my grandmothers sewing maching lol, stitched it up, trimmed it down and flip it outside-in.

took me 30 mins max

Here are my results... for a first try i'm very happy, the next one will be to percision

it fits real nice and snug, and the soft inside makes taking it out easy!

What do you guys think?

AND HERE IS POUCH 2!!! With Brown microfiber lining! The fabric store didn't have other colors that were soft enough...

Its kinda hard to see the brown in these pics since my digital camera sucks royally, but trust me, its there

Here's the inner lining fabric i used... reeeeaal fine and soft...

I think i may create a small elastic type pouch on the outside for storage of cleaning cloth

but i should definitely get something stitched, like a logo, on the front for my 3rd creation... but it will have to be next week sometime...

I made these really strong, so i'ma test the beating it can take

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!

Last edited by syanni85; 11-19-2008 at 02:29 AM. Reason: 2nd pouch
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus- Mighty ROM 4.7

Jordan88 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Made My Own Leather Pouch! haha

That is awesome, definitely better than buying one for 40 bucks! On your next go, or once you are confident you can do it perfectly you should try lining it with a microfiber cloth, like the ones made for cleaning lcd screens (although at this point the cost would jump because those things are usually a rip off)
Old 11-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan88 View Post
That is awesome, definitely better than buying one for 40 bucks! On your next go, or once you are confident you can do it perfectly you should try lining it with a microfiber cloth, like the ones made for cleaning lcd screens (although at this point the cost would jump because those things are usually a rip off)
i can prolly find some large ones for an ok deal. ill just cut it with the leather and glue em together before sewing... awesome input! Thanks!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

sweet pouch. beats the ones they sell for 40$ at telus store, BY FAR.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Heck, if i can really get these to perfection with an inner-microfiber lining, i could put custom logos on em, not to mention a pretty cool PPCGEEKS logo... maybe something from the T-Shirt contest (with the creators approval ofcourse)...
I'm cool with a guy who owns a store that does custom stitchin in shirts, hats, blankets, etc... I could just bring him a logo and he'll whip it up for me...

hmmmm... home-based business??? lol
Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint - CDMA

BMR6700 is a n00b

wow, that's not bad. I've got an aunt with a sewing machine, you've got me thinking. lol
Old 11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so when do we get to see the new one =)

Old 11-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

I think i just got a project for my grandma... she loves doin **** like that.... hmmmm

well done sir.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
so when do we get to see the new one =)
I just made the pieces... went to the fabric store and got a half yard of a really soft micro fiber on sale for 2 bucks... i have the leather and microfiber held together FLAWLESSLY with adhesive... gotta wait til tomorrow to go to my parents house to sew em together...

I might hold off and run it by the guy who stitches logos in... we'll see, this next one is sweet tho
Old 11-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
I just made the pieces... went to the fabric store and got a half yard of a really soft micro fiber on sale for 2 bucks... i have the leather and microfiber held together FLAWLESSLY with adhesive... gotta wait til tomorrow to go to my parents house to sew em together...

I might hold off and run it by the guy who stitches logos in... we'll see, this next one is sweet tho
o wow. this sounds amazing.

*request* if it turns out right, wanna make me one? im sure to compensate u adequatelyfor ur time =)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond