PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: does your d-pad work?
Yes 54 72.97%
No 20 27.03%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
so i should be getting my 3rd Diamond or Touch Pro

i love my Diamond and all, but the right d-pad simply doesnt work at all. i got a replacement from Sprint today and it doesnt work either.

i emailed Sprint asking to swap for a Touch Pro since im getting tired of defective Diamonds.

is this a manufacturer defect or do i have incredibly bad luck?

btw, i hope Juicy gets his hands on a Touch Pro so i can continue using his ROMs
Old 10-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: so i should be getting my 3rd Diamond or Touch Pro

I ordered four Diamonds for my office the day they were released and I have not had any issues with any of their D-pads. I would like to say, though I cannot guarantee, that you just got a bad draw. If you really like the Diamond, and don't feel that you care about the keyboard or slot for expandable memory, than I say give it another try.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work

i really do like the Diamond, but coming from a Mogul i kind of miss the keyboard since i do a lot of texting and emailing.

the diamond was a little thicker then i expected so im thinking the Touch Pro wont be too much fatter either.

i guess i'll try a 3rd Diamond and if i get the same results, i will definitely be getting the Touch Pro.

Last edited by blazin-asian; 10-25-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

i dont believe u have defective units, or bad luck... this is the way the dpads are desinged, my uncle has a diamond and i have the touch pro. and the dpads behave exactly the same. im posting this from my phone now btw... but yeah these dpads work... but they difficulty when pressing left or right, there a unfortanet learning curve. well thats been my experience....

Last edited by gxnext; 10-25-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

reekolu is keeping up the good workreekolu is keeping up the good work

My D-Pad nor my Talk and End buttons work properly, this is my second Diamond so I agree with the previous post, Their just made this way. It's a shame that HTC did us like this, after all we do for them, because of us they don't have to pay a technical support team, you'd think they would pass their savings on to us but instead we get a supposedly $550 phone that according to this poll 50% of users are dissatisfied with. If it were'nt for sites like PPCGeeks, this cubic zarconium would be recalled by now. The ROMs, Tweeks and advise provided here has saved this device from an early grave.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
i dont believe u have defective units, or bad luck... this is the way the dpads are desinged, my uncle has a diamond and i have the touch pro. and the dpads behave exactly the same. im posting this from my phone now btw... but yeah these dpads work... but they difficulty when pressing left or right, there a unfortanet learning curve. well thats been my experience....
i wrote a 2 line text message just to test it out and i have no problem going up, down, or left. im sure learning to press right cant be that hard lol.

i got a reply to my email and basically they said the Touch Pro comes out on Nov 2nd and since i activated my Diamond on Oct 1st, i will be outside my 30 day window by ONE FREAKING DAY!

i told them to send me a 3rd Diamond and if that doesnt work then i will cancel my contract and resign just to get the Touch Pro. if they want to be ****s about 1 freakin day then i can be a **** too.

makes me want to activate the second phone and put some usage on it just so they have to sell it as a refurb. i have some girl friends that can put a LOT of usage on it quick!

Last edited by blazin-asian; 10-25-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul 6800, HTC Diamond

laynpipeallday is a n00b

I just picked up my diamond last night and put all my programs and stuff from my mogul into it and I have the same damn problem. My dpad doesnt respond to a press on the right side.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

so i brought my diamond out to the sprint store and they were able to get it to work. you have to press it in a special way i guess. your finger is half on the button and half on the right 2 buttons.

its freakin weird.

the right button is still not as responsive as the other ones though. i have no problems with the other directions.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eptd is just getting started

I just noticed my right button doesn't work. I've actually never had to use it so I didn't even know you could use it for up/down/left/right buttons! But why do you guys need it to work? I've only used the d-pad for zooming and taking pictures.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul ppc

pkbaum is a n00b

I half to press the left directional button on the D pad first before the right one will work. Weird.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond