PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon
Carrier: Sprint

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
when will we see Android

ok so with all this talk and with the sdk and the open source code or watever out how long do you think will see this on our diamonds because after seeing videos of wat it can do on youtube my phone now feels obsolete
Old 10-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: when will we see Android

I hear you, my g/f's G1 comes in the mail today, and it looks sweet as hell. I do however think its a bit on the ugly side, but thats just me
Old 10-21-2008, 12:43 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

It will take a few months i think, and then also it is really going to have to be picked up by developers, because with this now, you can do anything you might want. I mean no more limitations of any kind, but if the developers dont pick it up right away, then it could take a long time for anything to happen.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy View Post
ok so with all this talk and with the sdk and the open source code or watever out how long do you think will see this on our diamonds because after seeing videos of wat it can do on youtube my phone now feels obsolete
Obsolete huh??? lol i think that's a little far fetched....but i agree that the g1
has some cool features...but i already have google maps with street view. You just need to download the java version. The only thing is it doesn't use the g sensor like the G1 does (when you turn the phone side to side you can see the street as if you were looking at it), but i'm sure someone will figure that out.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 10-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Heres the project on the development, seems like they got a copy of the android platform ROM.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402002
Old 10-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
I hear you, my g/f's G1 comes in the mail today, and it looks sweet as hell. I do however think its a bit on the ugly side, but thats just me
yea but it'd look so good on our diamonds good os plus sexxy phone sounds like a good combination to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
Obsolete huh??? lol i think that's a little far fetched....but i agree that the g1
has some cool features...but i already have google maps with street view. You just need to download the java version. The only thing is it doesn't use the g sensor like the G1 does (when you turn the phone side to side you can see the street as if you were looking at it), but i'm sure someone will figure that out.
Ok maybe Obsolete was not the right word but still just imagine what some of these developers we have could come up with when they have access to every thing within the os
Old 10-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
Heres the project on the development, seems like they got a copy of the android platform ROM.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402002
thanx and i guess that means time for me to start reading
Old 10-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Young-E

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy View Post
yea but it'd look so good on our diamonds good os plus sexxy phone sounds like a good combination to me

Ok maybe Obsolete was not the right word but still just imagine what some of these developers we have could come up with when they have access to every thing within the os

I agree with you 100%. Just be patient young grass hopper and it will be here soon, the phone just came out today so let someone get a dump over at XDA and get something started
Old 10-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

it will be easy to port. but they need to creat an onscreen KB for us.

and get LCD drivers as the rez on the g1 is lower.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Young-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
it will be easy to port. but they need to creat an onscreen KB for us.

and get LCD drivers as the rez on the g1 is lower.

If you were to guess how long do you think before we see a beta version????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond