PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 07:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JoJoCal19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HORRIBLE Flaw that may cause me to return the Diamond.

Ok so I have had my Diamond since the first week it came out and have had none of the issues people commonly have with internal storage, buttons, or other things. I did once have an issue where my Diamond froze while it was asleep and charging. The only way to get it on was to pull the battery to reset it.

This is extremely dangerous to me because A)I use the Diamond as my work alarm and B)My fiancee sometimes drives at 4 or 5 am to work and she calls me when she is sleepy so she can stay awake.

This issue just happened AGAIN! This morning was one of the mornings my fiancee was working and driving at 5 am and I had my alarm set to wake me up. I woke up randomly and went to hit my phone power button to see what time it was and I couldnt. The light was frozen on the circle button. I knew it had happened again. I had to pull the battery and reset it. When it got on I saw it was 6:19 and I had a text from my fiancee letting me know she was at work. So this is dangerous to me to have missed that text, a possible call and my alarm if I never would have woken up.

Has anyone else had this issue? I thought I remembered seeing it somewhere early on but havent seen anything since. I cannot have this happening. I dunno if setting it to not sleep while charging will help avoid it in the future but I simply CANNOT have this happening. I am at my 30 days so I am contemplating returning it if this is a known issue or has happened more often with others.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:23 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: HORRIBLE Flaw that may cause me to return the Diamond.

welcome to Windows Mobile.....you may want to try a hard reset.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

cappy is keeping up the good workcappy is keeping up the good work

If the phone is that critical to you, I recommend that you return it and get a regular phone. The freezing may be a hardware issue. If it is, exchanging it will correct the problem. But these phones are little computers. Even if Win 6.1 were flawless (and it is not), software applications that are installed rarely are flawless. An installed application may cause no problems for weeks, but under the right circumstances it can crash Win 6.1 or unexpectedly drain the battery. I would not call that a flaw, but the nature of the beast. Even NASA has computers crash or malfunction from time to time.

So if the phone is absolutely critical at all times, get a phone that is not dependent upon a complex operating system or that can be compromised by applications that you install. Or, like NASA, build in redundancy and get a second phone.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

JoJoCal19 is a n00b

Oh trust me I am very experienced with WinMo, and have had many WinMo phones so I know all about the issues that come with them. But Ive never had a phone that would freeze while charging. Maybe it is hardware, maybe it is software, you never know with these phones I guess.

Hard resets have already been done multiple times for various other things Ive been doing.

But youre right cappy, I might demote it to my secondary/play phone and use something else as my primary because I simply love the diamond otherwise.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

What have you done to it. Mine never freezes but I'm very conservative on what runs on it and have disabled a bunch of buggy htc addons.

There is this other legal drug called coffee that works great.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

as said above, welcome to windows mobile. if u want a reliable alarm clock i would go buy one as crazy as it might sound.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Khafree is a n00b

It never happened to me and it look like its not a Diamond common problem. I would probably hard reset and reinstall only program i really need. If it doesnt work, you probably have a 1 year warranty with sprint...
Old 10-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I had that same with my Touch a few months ago, and I think it was a case of finding the right (or wrong?) combination of software to make it lock up when charging in a sleep state. Unfortunatey I was never able to figure out exactly what the combination was because I ended up doing a hard reset and was a lot more careful on what software I installed again.

If you want to list everything that you have installed/running maybe I/we can help you narrow it down to a few suspect apps that have known issues. Or you could try a hard reset and install everything one app at a time and try to narrow it down yourself.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How did the world operate before texting and or cell phones. You kids got it easy. I remember driving to work up hill both ways in 3 feet of snow WITHOUT a cell phone. Imagine the horror.

Trust me buddy (OP), you'll be loving that frozen Diamond after you've been married for a few years. As a matter of fact, it will be worth more to you after you're married. Actually, can you tell me how you got it to freeze? I'm going to hang with the fellas' tonight and I need a legit reason for not answering the phone.

1 man's trash is another man's treasure.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Try unlocking and putting a custom ROM, like Juicy's 2.5, which im running. I get better battery life, more ROM space, no Sprint bloatware.

But the random freezing is just not cool. I got in a crapload of trouble when i upgraded my Mogul to 1.16 last fall, was on call for the weekend, and my phone randomly locked up. I got chewed out so bad for that, and nearly lost my job.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond