PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what does this do?

I saw this in another thread but don't understand what it does

##778#
Choose Edit
Enter your MSL
Click View Info soft key
Choose Modem Settings
Click on slot cycle index and click Menu soft key
change value to 0 or 1 (lower the number, quicker the tower checks)
Click Menu soft key, then OK
Let phone reset
Old 10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: what does this do?

if your internet is working on your diamond, dont worry about it. my internet wasnt working and it was because my profile was set on 0, not good. should be 1. this fixes it. edit. i may be wrong now that i read the whole post. i thought it was the profile fix. sorry jumped the gun. lol

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-07-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
I saw this in another thread but don't understand what it does

##778#
Choose Edit
Enter your MSL
Click View Info soft key
Choose Modem Settings
Click on slot cycle index and click Menu soft key
change value to 0 or 1 (lower the number, quicker the tower checks)
Click Menu soft key, then OK
Let phone reset
This will decrease ringer delay. The time between when someone calls you and when your phone starts to ring. If you set to 0 the caller will hear around 1 1/2 rings before your phone starts to ring.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is this something you would want to do?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just download Diamond Tweak and it has all the registry tweaks rolling into one program. You just go down the list and check/uncheck what you want. It's the best registry tweak program that I've come across...probably the best one out there.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

so this checks for cell towers more often?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheel78 View Post
This will decrease ringer delay. The time between when someone calls you and when your phone starts to ring. If you set to 0 the caller will hear around 1 1/2 rings before your phone starts to ring.
incorrect. this mod actually changed the Polling rate at which the cell probes for tower connection.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

heres a link to diamond tweaks, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=409540
Old 10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
incorrect. this mod actually changed the Polling rate at which the cell probes for tower connection.
And that would be correct. It will help you get your calls faster, because they come from the tower quicker, thereby making your phone ring faster.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/ Htc pro
Carrier: Telus

rottirudy is just getting started

I just checked mine and it is set to 2 should I make this 0? or leave it at 2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond