PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What GPS do you have on your diamond?

Whats the best GPS in your opinion? I used the Sprint NAV but Juicy's new ROM does not have it so I want to try something else since Google Maps does not even give voice directions or recalculate if you take a different route.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: What GPS do you have on your diamond?

I use garmin xt and it works great. voice turn by turn directons.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

I too use Garmin with text to speech. but no street name speech. No monthly fee is great. I think sprint Nav has monthly charges
Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

I heard igo8 is good too. it got map with 3-D buildings. but it has no Point of Interest, at least in NA.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

I use Live Search, it does not use voice turn by turn. However it does recalculate and it has a lot of useful features ie. traffic, movies and gas prices. Best of all it FREE
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

tomtom here and it works jyst as good as my in car tomtom one unit.

best gps ive had was my tomtom on my treo 700wx. it was lag free. which is even better then my tomtom branded car mounted unit.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

maryanne is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I use Live Search, it does not use voice turn by turn. However it does recalculate and it has a lot of useful features ie. traffic, movies and gas prices. Best of all it FREE
It recalculates you due to traffic jams etc.?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

garmin cant find the gps when its scanning. its working if i can use it in Google Maps right?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>Mogul>Touch>Blackberry>Diamond>Touch Pro

MannyPR is becoming a great contributor

After trying some of the programs mentioned here I went back to Sprint Navigation, why? It is included in my plan, turn by turn directions, small footprint, updated information, traffic info, etc. Hard to beat if you don't have to pay extra for it and IMO even if you have to.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Sprint Navigation is well done, I will admit that. I tried it for the first time this weekend and was very impressed with how easy it was to use and all of the features.

However I have to say that I recently got TomTom and it is now my GPS app of choice. I honestly don't know how I survived this long without it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond