PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Obtaining MSL

I'm having issues with obtaining my MSL (without calling). I've tried using the same method I've used on the Titan with GetSPC.exe, but it does not work. I've read something about CDMA Workshop, but I don't understand how to use this. After searching around I can't find any decent guide for this (or any guide at all for that matter). For those who have been able to obtain MSL, how have you done this? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:23 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Obtaining MSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
I'm having issues with obtaining my MSL (without calling)....
Any reason you don't just call (or chat)? Pretty easy that way...
Old 10-01-2008, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It's a bit difficult to explain but I'm not able to call at the moment, also I don't believe the chat service is available right now, so I was hoping there was another method. If there truly isn't, I guess I can call them tomorrow morning. Is this something that eCare can help with by chance?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MetroPCS, Verizon

sequan is a n00b

I am having the same problem and have been working on it for quite a while.

I tried the getspc and it has not worked or should I say the numbers have not worked. I did make sure that caps lock was on... I also found a esn calc to make sure that I was converting the meid to the pseudo hex esn correctly.

I found qpst and installed it on my vista box but was not able to get it to see my phone. Or it may require a special cable or it may only support xp and below.

I dont know what to try next.

Does QPST need a special cable? Does it work under Vista?

I also tried CDMA Workshop but I was unable to get it to read the phone. It is looking for COM ports and I am connected via USB....

What is another method to get the MSL without calling or using CDMA Workshop or getspc.exe?

Last edited by sequan; 10-01-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequan View Post
I am having the same problem and have been working on it for quite a while.

I tried the getspc and it has not worked or should I say the numbers have not worked. I did make sure that caps lock was on... I also found a esn calc to make sure that I was converting the meid to the pseudo hex esn correctly.

I found cdma workshop and installed it on my vista box but was not able to get it to see my phone. Or it may require a special cable or it may only support xp and below.

I dont know what to try next.

Does CDMA Workshop need a special cable? Does it work under Vista?

What is another method to get the MSL without calling or using CDMA Workshop or getspc.exe?
Regarding CDMA Workshop, are you doing anything special, other than running the program and going through the COM ports?

Based on the help docs, it requires some sort of connection to be made allowing the device connected via USB to appear as a COM port, or something to that effect. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this though.

Last edited by gsvnet; 10-01-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Lurker

sequan is a n00b
More Details

I am not able to get my SPC /MSL from my new Sprint Diamond that I have been able to unlock, and flash Juicy 2.2 onto it. Since then I have performed a hard reset and gone back to the factory ROM.

I have tried the following:
1. Performed the instructions for getspc from
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36639
(Note I did use the PHex Esn and I did use caps on all hex numbers)

2. I was able to install QPST on a on WinXP box and get it to see the phone. I did this to verify that I had the correct hex esn. QPST did read the esn from the phone and display the same hex esn that I had in step 1.

3. I tried the general codes 000000, 123456,111111 and the last 6 digits of the phone number programmed in the phone 000-000-2743.

I am entering the number (6 digits) that getspc.exe tells me in the enter unlock code box that comes up after I enter ##778# and hit edit. It looks like it is working on something then tells me the code is wrong.

What is the way that I can get the SPC / MSL without calling?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I just don't see why you are so dead set against calling...
Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Lurker

sequan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I just don't see why you are so dead set against calling...
It is because I purchased the phone through Sprint but I am taking it to another carrier MetroPCS.

I dont think they wil give me my SPC without having service first. I dont have Sprint service.

What is the way to call them and get the code?
If that is my only option but I am wondering if anyone else cant get their code and how they fixed it.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequan View Post
It is because I purchased the phone through Sprint but I am taking it to another carrier MetroPCS.

I dont think they wil give me my SPC without having service first. I dont have Sprint service.

What is the way to call them and get the code?
If that is my only option but I am wondering if anyone else cant get their code and how they fixed it.
they will give it to you. dont worry. if one says no close the chat window and go to the next. they could care less who you are and what your doing most of those guys on the chat its just a 9-5 man.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

If that doesn't work, try looking over at xda for help on getting the MSL? I hate referring you away from here but someone over there may have a better idea of how to get it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond