PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Obtaining MSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
they will give it to you. dont worry. if one says no close the chat window and go to the next. they could care less who you are and what your doing most of those guys on the chat its just a 9-5 man.
I never have a problem using the chat or advanced tech support. They give the MSL out without hassle.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MetroPCS, Verizon

sequan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
I never have a problem using the chat or advanced tech support. They give the MSL out without hassle.
I went online and asked 2 different reps via chat for the MSL. They both told me that I have to have an account at Sprint for them to give me that info.

Can anyone tell me what to say to them or another way......
Old 10-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MetroPCS, Verizon

sequan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
If that doesn't work, try looking over at xda for help on getting the MSL? I hate referring you away from here but someone over there may have a better idea of how to get it...
I posted this message on XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=431904

Thanks for the advise.......

At this time I have to try anything... But I want to get to the bottom of it.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I was able to get my correct msl by using the cdma workshop. First you need to do a search for HTC modem drivers. Load those in your computer then connect the phone, the drivers will load and CDMA will find the phone.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's bs...tell them you bought the phone and are a software developer. You don't plan on using it yet, you just want to work on some new software for it and you need the MSL. You may have better luck talking to someone on the phone, preferably in advanced technical support. If they still refuse, politely ask for a supervisor. The only way they should deny you is if the phone has been reported lost/stolen or the ESN is not in their system.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
I was able to get my correct msl by using the cdma workshop. First you need to do a search for HTC modem drivers. Load those in your computer then connect the phone, the drivers will load and CDMA will find the phone.
Any way you can post a link to those modem drivers? I was not able to find them.

Right now, I'm trying my luck with the chat system.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, they have just given me a one-time unlock code...dunno if this is helpful in any way. But two reps on the chat weren't willing to give the MSL.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

They're screwing you around. The one-time code will do the same thing as the msl, but as the name implies, only once.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
They're screwing you around. The one-time code will do the same thing as the msl, but as the name implies, only once.
Guess I will have to keep trying, as the third rep basically said the same thing.

Note: I do actually have service through Sprint on this device.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 PM
VIP Member

Oh, you DO have service on it! All you need to do is tell them you need to do a hard reset on the phone and cannot do it without the msl.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond