PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 11:26 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Deleting Sprint Programs in Reg Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Actually if you stop Sprint customizations from running at first startup (soft reset before the end of the 3 second countdown) then you can manually install of the Sprint customizations that you want. They are all in cab files located in /device/windows/.

Then, if you want, you can install them all to the internal storage card and save a lot of space on your Diamond's precious (and small) main storage.

The Sprint stuff in /device/windows/ is as follows:

SprintTV-1_6_Diamond_1034_072908a.CAB
sprint-navigation-htc-diamond-2.1.7.cab
SprintDM_DMClientApp_ProdSetting_v0.9.913.CAB
PictureMail_0.1.14.4.cab
OzIM_080521_signed.cab
EngStartMenu_Sprint0613.cab
WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE.CAB

Unfortunately, even if you specify Internal Storage for the Opera cab install, it installs to device memory. Ugghh.....
Old 09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Unfortunately, even if you specify Internal Storage for the Opera cab install, it installs to device memory. Ugghh.....
interesting... but i dont think that's what he meant...

if you use file explorer you can navigate to the windows folder and cut/paste these files:

SprintTV-1_6_Diamond_1034_072908a.CAB
sprint-navigation-htc-diamond-2.1.7.cab
SprintDM_DMClientApp_ProdSetting_v0.9.913.CAB
PictureMail_0.1.14.4.cab
OzIM_080521_signed.cab
EngStartMenu_Sprint0613.cab
WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE.CAB

to your internal storage...
Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Actually I was talking about installing to the internal storage. I know that Opera will still install quite a bit of its garbage to the main memory, but it also automatically sets the cache for Opera to the internal storage, saving you space and trouble later.

I did a clean install with no Sprint customizations on my Diamond and then installed all of those cabs to the internal storage and had a total of 56MB still available in main memory when I was done. A lot better than the 26MB I had previously.

As a general rule I install almost overything to the internal storage, unless the total install is so small that it does not matter.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Of the "big 4" cabs, only Nav and TV can be installed to Internal Storage since the installation path in the cab is %InstallDir%. Opera and Picture Mail use %Windows%, so can't be installed to Internal Storage without doing some surgery to the path names in the cab files.

I'm sure someone will, sooner than later, "fix" the Opera cab so that it can be installed to Internal Storage. (And maybe has already been done - I haven't seen it)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff

anyone know what SprintDM_DMClientApp_ProdSetting_v0.9.913.CAB does?

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 10-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
Id like to know this tooo....

Also... I did this.. and I am very happy at the customization of programs that I could keep and get rid of.... But,

I have no sprint tv. I installed it, but on the tv tab, it gives an error.

If I hit the update Button, I get this:

and if I hit the Launch button, I get this:

Any ideas? I didnt want to post in a new thread... Seems like there are alot of repeat threads here.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:12 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Id like to know this tooo....

Also... I did this.. and I am very happy at the customization of programs that I could keep and get rid of.... But,

I have no sprint tv. I installed it, but on the tv tab, it gives an error.

If I hit the update Button, I get this:

and if I hit the Launch button, I get this:

Any ideas? I didnt want to post in a new thread... Seems like there are alot of repeat threads here.
have you tried to launch tv from internal mem. itself?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes, Sprint TV will launch from the Programs Menu. It will not launch from TF3D. I have the same problem.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
have you tried to launch tv from internal mem. itself?
I have.... If i disable touchflo, and then go into programs, I can use it all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
Yes, Sprint TV will launch from the Programs Menu. It will not launch from TF3D. I have the same problem.
Hey Chef... Lets see who else can help us out here... If not we might have to start another thread just for us having trouble with sprint and touch flo.

-----

Honestly... I have no idea what touch flow has to do with this. Does anyone? I mean, if it will start and work while touch flo is off, why wouldn't it with it on? Im just curious in learning why it doesnt work (along with gettign it fixed).
Old 10-08-2008, 02:26 PM
A Geek For Eons

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
It installs

http://www.smithmicro.com/default.tp...id1=401&id2=13

Through this agreement, HTC's Microsoft Windows Mobile based Smartphones will ship with Smith Micro's Insignia Open Management Client (OMC), enabling HTC to deliver a higher service level to expedite firmware updates and handset software application upgrades to its mobile devices to market over-the-air (FOTA).

Not that I have a clue as to what it does! I don't notice any additional icons, and when I click on the executable (\windows\omc.exe), nothing happens. Perhaps one of those apps that sounds cool in a press release, but will never get used.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond