PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Deleting Sprint Programs in Reg Ed. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39092)

Chef Ben 09-30-2008 02:54 PM

Deleting Sprint Programs in Reg Ed.

Technically, can I just go to the source and delete all programs that I don't want and then delete the corresponding icons? I would imagine that some programs are related and their deletion might affect other programs from running correctly.

I wanna delete:
  • Getting Started
  • Help
  • Instant Messaging
  • Internet Sharing
  • Messenger
  • Pocket Express
  • Software Store
  • Sprint Music
  • Sprint Navigation
I never ever use these...not even on my Mogul. Those should free up a decent amount of space. I just wanna fire form the hip and delete them with PHM Reg Ed. Good idea?

Chef Ben 09-30-2008 02:59 PM

Re: Deleting Sprint Programs in Reg Ed.

A simple educated "yes" or "no" is all I need.

sonyday40 09-30-2008 03:06 PM

i think thats an awesome idea!!! please post how you did it when find out!! Maybe not all of those programs but alot of them!!!

rainfreak 09-30-2008 03:09 PM

By removing the registry keys and the icons, I cannot see how you are going to save any space on your device. The real space is allocated to the cab files (most of which are in the rom) and also in the files for help, etc.

So my answer is no. It is not worth the large risk with such a small gain.

Chef Ben 09-30-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 440343)
By removing the registry keys and the icons, I cannot see how you are going to save any space on your device. The real space is allocated to the cab files (most of which are in the rom) and also in the files for help, etc.

So my answer is no. It is not worth the large risk with such a small gain.

That's the answer I was looking for.

munnarg 09-30-2008 03:17 PM

has anyone tried to stop the Sprint customizations from running upon initial start up?

Chef Ben 09-30-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munnarg (Post 440357)
has anyone tried to stop the Sprint customizations from running upon initial start up?

The thing is I wanna keep Sprint TV.

toinejuan 09-30-2008 03:21 PM

yep, opera doesn't install when you do that, but then again neither does all of the bloatware. The diamond has plenty of program space though so I'm not trippin and I am switching to a touch pro next month

rainfreak 09-30-2008 03:37 PM

Actually if you stop Sprint customizations from running at first startup (soft reset before the end of the 3 second countdown) then you can manually install of the Sprint customizations that you want. They are all in cab files located in /device/windows/.

Then, if you want, you can install them all to the internal storage card and save a lot of space on your Diamond's precious (and small) main storage.

The Sprint stuff in /device/windows/ is as follows:

SprintTV-1_6_Diamond_1034_072908a.CAB
sprint-navigation-htc-diamond-2.1.7.cab
SprintDM_DMClientApp_ProdSetting_v0.9.913.CAB
PictureMail_0.1.14.4.cab
OzIM_080521_signed.cab
EngStartMenu_Sprint0613.cab
WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE.CAB

reekolu 09-30-2008 05:36 PM

Thanks Rain, I was wondering where those cabs were, I was waiting for someone to post them and I had them all this time... lol.