PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond

HTCDiamond_SFO is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 Quick Questions for Diamond Config

Hey all, great forum for Diamond users. I'm brand new registering and have a couple of quick questions for anyone who has time to assist.

1: I can sync my mp3's from PC to Diamond no problem - BUT - I can't get them to show up in the Sprint Music store from the TF3D slider menu. I'd prefer to have mp3's there so I can access by sliding to Sprint Music and touching; instead of having to open Windows Media Player.

2: Anyone know how to create your own TF3D slider menu icons? I don't want to create/load a whole new theme, I just want to make some cooler looking icons than the Home/People/Text/Mail/etc that comes stock out of the box from Sprint.

Thanks much,
td
Old 09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

HTCDiamond_SFO is a n00b
Re: 2 Quick Questions for Diamond Config

Bump...
Old 09-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Check it bro, as long as your MP3s are somewhere on your phone then the music player should find them. I connected my phone via USB as a disk drive and just drag 'n drop all my music into a "MY MUSIC" (which I created) folder in Internal Storage. The TF3D music player found all the music automatically. Very simple and takes all of 3 minutes.

As far as new icons, just try searching here or at http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=441

There are a ton of options available. Just be patient cause you'll have to sort through some stuff and do a good bit of reading. It'll be worth it though.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Your questions have already been asked and answered on this forum. A quick search can yield amazing results. For instance, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38745
Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

welcome here, songs are there just open library and all your songs should be there,just make a playlist.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

infinitemethod is just getting started

Your songs should pop up. Unless of course, your internal memory only works when it wants to like mine. Sweet!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

HTCDiamond_SFO is a n00b

Yeah, thanks much for pointing out the glaringly obvious search function - If that thread you linked or any of the other threads from any of the other forums had actually solved the problem then I would not have had to registere and post this thread. But since you're the only one who took the time to even respond, I guess I have no choice but to ignore your flame.

Anyway:
The "File Explorer" on the Diamond has different directory structure than what I see on my PC when connected as Disk Drive.

I've created a My Music folder on the Diamond and dragged and dropped the mp3's. The Sprint Music item from the TF3d Menu still does not find them - even after clicking library.

On the Diamond the file structure includes folders:
Application Data
ConnMgr
Documents and Settings
My Documents
Program Files
Temp
Windows

On the PC, the "removable drive" has:
Application Data
Live Search
MSMETADATA
Music
My Documents
WMDRM
YouTube

Using the PC, I've dragged and dropped the MP3's into the Music folder; dropped into the My Documents-My Music folder; etc. The Sprint Music Store never recognizes them.

I can open WindowsMedia and navigate to the directory and play them, but they dont show up in Sprint Music.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Trust me, I wasn't flaming you. You would definitely know if I was.

This is what you do. Open up your Internal Storage. On that very screen create a new folder "My Music" or whatever you wanna call it. Connect to PC via Disk Drive. Drag and Drop all your music into this newly created Music folder. That is all that needs to be done.

The thread I linked is almost a carbon copy of this thread. If that doesn't work then you should consider the possibility that perhaps your device might be faulty.

If I can do it...anyone can.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

HTCDiamond_SFO is a n00b

That's cool - I appreciate the response.

I think I am struggling to locate "Internal Storage" to create the folder.

I will disconnect the USB, try to create the folder, then re-connect and drag drop.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Internal Storage will not show up on your device as long as your are connected via USB.

On my computer my Device shows up as Disk Drive G. Double Click on that and then create a New Folder "My Music".

Or disconnect from PC and go to File Explorer. On the drop down menu you should see "Internal Storage". You can select that and within it create a New Folder "My Music".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond