PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 07:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who will be able to trade their phone through retentions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
It's the same size screen !!! Just higher resolution.
i know. they offered me the treos 800w in aug. i turned it down b/c the sceern on that phone was too small. the screen on the touch and the mogul are just fine. the touch actually worked for me, i just wanted the internet fixed, that is when the lady offered me the diamond. i wasn't about to turn that deal down.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
long story short. called because of internet problems. no one could fix it. rep offered to switch phone back in aug. told her i would wait for something with a bigger screen ( my eyes are bad) lol. she called me as soon as the diamond was released and placed order for next day air.
Interesting, I called in for internet problems on my REC6800SP1, tech offered replacing with a Touch Saturday 13th (which I recieved yesterday 15th). I asked if she had anything else to offer, since I didn't really want to go back to a Touch, she said no not at the moment, that was her only option. I called back the same day to see if they could send me a Diamond instead. That rep is supposed to call me back today..

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 09-16-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Interesting, I called in for internet problems on my REC6800SP1, tech offered replacing with a Touch Saturday 13th (which I recieved yesterday 15th). I asked if she had anything else to offer, since I didn't really want to go back to a Touch, she said no not at the moment, that was her only option. I called back the same day to see if they could send me a Diamond instead. That rep is supposed to call me back today..

-CC
you might want to call back and have the rep emailed just in case they forgot to call you. that is what i did
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

what tha heck does this mean?

"Dear,

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

My name is ? I am supervisor the supervisor at eCare.

I understand that you are unsatisfied with the current Palm Treo 800 handset and wish to replace it with the new HTC Touch Diamond. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the handset.

I am sorry say that the handset cannot be ordered from here as the order of the handset depends on the account type. The account type assigned to you does not allow to order the handset from here. So, you need to visit a Sprint store to purchase the new handset. You will also be required to pay the difference amount at the Sprint store.

I have sent you the return kit for the Treo 800 from here. You will receive it 3-5 days.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
?
Supervisor
Sprint"

There shouldn't be any difference should there? i should be getting $50 back! i wonder if he noted my account...
Old 09-16-2008, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
what tha heck does this mean?

"Dear,

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

My name is ? I am supervisor the supervisor at eCare.

I understand that you are unsatisfied with the current Palm Treo 800 handset and wish to replace it with the new HTC Touch Diamond. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the handset.

I am sorry say that the handset cannot be ordered from here as the order of the handset depends on the account type. The account type assigned to you does not allow to order the handset from here. So, you need to visit a Sprint store to purchase the new handset. You will also be required to pay the difference amount at the Sprint store.

I have sent you the return kit for the Treo 800 from here. You will receive it 3-5 days.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
?
Supervisor
Sprint"

There shouldn't be any difference should there? i should be getting $50 back! i wonder if he noted my account...

I don't know the details, but by the look at what the letter says. I can assume you bought your phone/contract thru a Sprint store and Telesales isn't able to order you a replacement?

-CC
Old 09-16-2008, 01:54 PM
VIP Member

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

Quote:
I don't know the details, but by the look at what the letter says. I can assume you bought your phone/contract thru a Sprint store and Telesales isn't able to order you a replacement?

-CC
im on the old sero 500.. i sent an email seeing if they would let me swap my treo 800 for the diamond..
Old 09-16-2008, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
im on the old sero 500.. i sent an email seeing if they would let me swap my treo 800 for the diamond..
OK cool I am going thru a similar issue right now as I type this I am on the phone with my 3rd rep today (phone gets cut in the middle of completing things, so I have to explain it all every time, lol). They too gave me a eticket to go to the store, but the retail couldn't do anything for me. The repair center I went to also couldn't since they are an independant that didn't carry a Diamond. So I am on the phone again, this rep says he can not order equiptment and it talking to telesales and explaining everything to them so I don't have to again. He was hoping to get telesales to change out the order for the Touch with a Diamond if it didn't already get sent out.. Unfortunately I already got it.. So he checking to see if they can reorder the Diamond for me and send back the Touch.

Let me know how it works out for you.

-CC
Old 09-16-2008, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
OK cool I am going thru a similar issue right now as I type this I am on the phone with my 3rd rep today (phone gets cut in the middle of completing things, so I have to explain it all every time, lol). They too gave me a eticket to go to the store, but the retail couldn't do anything for me. The repair center I went to also couldn't since they are an independant that didn't carry a Diamond. So I am on the phone again, this rep says he can not order equiptment and it talking to telesales and explaining everything to them so I don't have to again. He was hoping to get telesales to change out the order for the Touch with a Diamond if it didn't already get sent out.. Unfortunately I already got it.. So he checking to see if they can reorder the Diamond for me and send back the Touch.

Let me know how it works out for you.

-CC
yeah good luck with that man.. i have learned from experience that you are better off emailing sprint than calling them. i had a spending limit on my account and i just called and had it removed. i always pay my bills early! i am going to reply to the email i got and see if i can get them to order the phone now that i don't have a spending limit anymore.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

if you guys are getting diamonds for touches... logic should follow that getting a diamond for a mogul should be that much easier given the retail prices are closer correct?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
if you guys are getting diamonds for touches... logic should follow that getting a diamond for a mogul should be that much easier given the retail prices are closer correct?

I would assume so, They gave me a Touch for my Mogul. Told her Touch is not comparable, price-wise the Touch is cheaper than the Mogul, which is the same price online as the Diamond.. That's my logic so far, but it seems there are so many departments and call centers and each can't do anything and others that can, have bad phone systems that hang up right before the yes ok done..

So far I got a guy at Sprint Tech support that bent over backwards and ran the hoops for me. But he couldn't get anywhere and got run around too.. So we scheduled a call back tomorrow, she said she'd call me this evening, while we play the wait and see game for the previous rep that made promises to call me back. He's shift ends at 5pm, so he will get back with me to verify if the previous rep called me back and resolved my issue or not and if not he'd do everything in his power to get the phone out to me.

Telesales told him I could either go to the store and buy one full price, or order online full price or order thru telesales full price as and option, No rebates no discounts, and no return kit for the Touch they sent me that I didn't want in the first place as a replacement for my faulty Mogul..

The second option was that I had to activate the Touch on my account so they could then exchange it.. Which he and I agreed it was a weird option. But they told him they couldn't swap out the Touch since it wasn't activated.. Which I guess makes weird sence?

-CC

P.S. gotta laugh huh? Maybe the Diamond being the direct replacement for the Touch allows them to offer it as the replacement rather than what the deem as an upgrade if coming from the Mogul?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond