PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Insurance on HTC Touch Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhd00 View Post
On hold w/ Asurion now. The lady is calling it a "palm 120-60 pixi". Will have to try MrObvious's recommendation.

Edit: TP2 is on it's way. This isn't ideal but it could certainly be worse. For those who would prefer this outcome in their own situation, I think what was important for me was: 1) no Diamonds in stock; 2) me being nice; 3) being clear that I had to have a WM device.
Would you mind giving a little more details on your situation? What happened to your Diamond? I assume that you are paying the $100 for the TP2 since it's through Asurion. I also need to have a WM device for work software, etc. and my Diamond's hardware buttons are getting flaky (though I only pay the $4/mo for asurion insurance, so going to a repair center isn't an option for me). I've just been living with it since I did not want a non-WM phone.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

DerangedPony is a n00b

If you go through Sprint now (Service Tech), they will only give you a Instinct S30. They do not even give out Diamonds anymore. LoL

Last edited by DerangedPony; 07-02-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows

mhhd00 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Would you mind giving a little more details on your situation? What happened to your Diamond? I assume that you are paying the $100 for the TP2 since it's through Asurion. I also need to have a WM device for work software, etc. and my Diamond's hardware buttons are getting flaky (though I only pay the $4/mo for asurion insurance, so going to a repair center isn't an option for me). I've just been living with it since I did not want a non-WM phone.
The problem I gave is a damaged internal antenna, but that's really just one of a few problems that would qualify me. Yes, I'm paying the 100$.

I said that I started to file the claim yesterday, but the phone being offered was significantly different from my phone, which is a problem because I have to have WM to run various software. The CSR spent a good amount of time looking for a comparable device (and saying she was using phonescoop.com to do so). I told her that I was looking for something comparable as well, and the closest thing I found was a TP2. She said that she already checked on that but that they had none. After some more time on hold, she came back and said that she could offer the TP2 after all. My confirmation email says the TP2 is brand new.

I don't think that they're obligated to be this considerate with their accommodations. That means you have to make them want to help as much as they can, not just help as much as they're obligated to. One piece of advice: Don't come off like you're looking for an upgrade. This means not disparaging your current device. I love my Diamond, and I was sure to say so. Further, the nicer they think your device is, the nicer the device they'll be looking to replace it with.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor

No Diamonds in stock for replacement from Assurion? TP2 is the only option? Girlfriend is going to be unhappy. I might just have to upgrade her phone. But to what?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint touch

tonyfella is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by laep View Post
As of 6/16, Asurion offered me a Palm 120 (I think it's a Pixi?) as an insurance replacement for my diamond. No thanks.
i would take that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond