PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Diamond 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 09:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

CESkins is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Diamond 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamess661 View Post
So no whitestone , or imagio, or diamond 2 no nexus one and now no hd2 cause t mobile got rights to the phone now so what the hell is left. This 4g better be worth losing out on all these phones
What's left is what we have now...essentially the Sprint 2009 cellphone lineup. I live in a rural area but still get pretty good Sprint coverage with 3G data. I am not holding my breath for 4G as the city centers were I work are not slated to receive a 4G upgrade anytime soon. The are no phones on Sprint now or in the immediate future that can take advantage of 4G. Unless Sprint pulls the proverbial rabbit out of the hat, what's left for us Sprint customers is to drool over the hot new phones appearing in the lineups of the other carriers. I can't believe the #4 carrier (T-Mo) is getting exclusive rights to the HD2 and also has the Nexus One.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 PM
N00b

CESkins is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFive View Post
For you Sprint customer users! Even if Sprint has a weak start in the beginning of this year;lets hope & pray that Sprint has a strong finish this year!!!)
Keep praying...Santa didn't hear our pleas so perhaps some higher power might answer our requests. If not, I believe I have a couple of Voodoo dolls and some pins lying around here somewhere. LOL.

Last edited by CESkins; 01-13-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:17 PM
N00b

CESkins is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
It's FINALLY official Sending the Nexus One back tomorrow!
I would offload it sooner rather than later. Here is the reason why:
"Google imposes $350 early termination fee for subsidized Nexus One in addition to carrier's own ETF"
Old 01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
N00b

CESkins is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappy0869 View Post
Coverage from carrier to carrier is really a function of geography. My wife had T-Mo for years with no coverage issues. Same with Sprint, no coverage issues. However, my friends on ATT always sound like crap when I talk to them, with their voices dropping in and out. This is in south Florida.
I have been looking at T-Mo's coverage map vs that of the other major carriers. T-Mo's coverage is great along the highways and in the big cities. It's rural and small town/city coverage appears pretty poor (and I live in a rural area). This is one of the reasons I have not switched to T-Mo. Verizon and AT&T have the best coverage maps (no surprise there). In some areas, it looks like you don't even get voice or data coverage if you stray to far away from the interstate/highway. With Sprint, I can roam on the Verizon network (without penalty given my current voice and data usage pattern).

BTW, looks like the Nexus One will not take advantage of its wireless N radio initially. That sucks given I have a wireless N router at home.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESkins View Post
I would offload it sooner rather than later. Here is the reason why:
"Google imposes $350 early termination fee for subsidized Nexus One in addition to carrier's own ETF"
I already sent it back the next day, but Google is still holding out on a refund, although that's another story.

Good looking out though!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Diamond 2