PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Click the "Press Release" Button on Engadget..it has the official press release from HTC with the specs on there...

Sure..but since you assuming the TP2..why not assume it has video out like the TP2? and check surround sound on the specs..its there on both CDMA and GSM versions.

might end up $10 savings a month and many still dont have 4g...
Not seeing where it says the pro 7 has surround sound. I see where it says a different phone does though (and shows a picture with speakers that slide out).

And the pro 7 probably does have video out like the Touch Pro 2. But it doesn't have HDMI like the Evo. So it either has clunky cables that most newer units don't even use anymore, or it doesn't do HD video out. The Evo does, with a single cable, no excuses.

Just because someone doesn't want to pay Sprint's $10 fee (which is another excuse) doesn't mean the device has better specs.

HTC's website has specs listed. I will assume those are correct until HTC changes it. If you recall, the press release had different specs than HTC'S website for the Touch Pro 2 as well. The website proved to be correct (it was either RAM, ROM, or both that were wrong, I can't remember, and the TP2 actually listed an incorrect amount on the initial stock ROM).

Again, the bottom line is the Evo has better specs (and it is not even really close). That is not even debatable. You are debating reasons for why the Evo has better specs and trying to justify it. Fine, but the Evo still has better specs.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Touch pro 7 (touch pro 3 but rename) EPIC FAIL

Way to summerize.
Now back to... What the hell is this thread about?
Oh... Yeah... Epic fail...
I don't think it's a fail.
p.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:32 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Way to summerize.
Now back to... What the hell is this thread about?
Oh... Yeah... Epic fail...
I don't think it's a fail.
p.
How can it be anything other than a fail if Sprint has better spec'ed phones out right now and this pro 7 won't be released for another 6 months?

HTC dropped the ball, big time.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
How can it be anything other than a fail if Sprint has better spec'ed phones out right now and this pro 7 won't be released for another 6 months?
This.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Not seeing where it says the pro 7 has surround sound. I see where it says a different phone does though (and shows a picture with speakers that slide out).
SRS surround sound under Multimedia

Quote:
And the pro 7 probably does have video out like the Touch Pro 2. But it doesn't have HDMI like the Evo. So it either has clunky cables that most newer units don't even use anymore, or it doesn't do HD video out. The Evo does, with a single cable, no excuses.
So your saying on your EVO you can surf the internet and have it HDMI out?

Quote:
Just because someone doesn't want to pay Sprint's $10 fee (which is another excuse) doesn't mean the device has better specs.
I never said it has better specs..I said its fairly even within a margin...

Quote:
HTC's website has specs listed. I will assume those are correct until HTC changes it. If you recall, the press release had different specs than HTC'S website for the Touch Pro 2 as well. The website proved to be correct (it was either RAM, ROM, or both that were wrong, I can't remember, and the TP2 actually listed an incorrect amount on the initial stock ROM).
Are you talking about the release being 256mb ram while having 288mb ram? That was Sprint's mistake..not HTCs..this is OFFICIAL HTC press release and they had a whole live meeting for it where they issued it..I doubt they'd make a mistake on it...

Quote:
Again, the bottom line is the Evo has better specs (and it is not even really close). That is not even debatable. You are debating reasons for why the Evo has better specs and trying to justify it. Fine, but the Evo still has better specs.
Not really close? they are right there..its fairly even...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-19-2010, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
SRS surround sound under Multimedia

So your saying on your EVO you can surf the internet and have it HDMI out?

I never said it has better specs..I said its fairly even within a margin...

Are you talking about the release being 256mb ram while having 288mb ram? That was Sprint's mistake..not HTCs..this is OFFICIAL HTC press release and they had a whole live meeting for it where they issued it..I doubt they'd make a mistake on it...

Not really close? they are right there..its fairly even...
Again, I am not seeing the Pro 7 with surround. I see that other phone with surround, and it has speakers that slide out. The pro does not have them. If you're talking about a simulated surround, there ate DSP apps for the Evo too that simulate surround.

You can steam videos off the net net and have it HDMI out on the Evo.

It was not Sprint's mistake, lol. I had the European unlocked version and it had the same mistake. And that has happened plenty of times, with plenty of phones. The bottom line is, what it says on HTC's website is going to be more reliable than what it says on engadget.

Again, the Evo has way better specs. Its not even really close. You may prefer the lower specs (or justify them) but it doesn't change the fact that almost every posted spec for this pro 7 is worse than the Evo.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=SaltyDawg;1977382]Again, I am not seeing the Pro 7 with surround. I see that other phone with surround, and it has speakers that slide out. The pro does not have them. If you're talking about a simulated surround, there ate DSP apps for the Evo too that simulate surround.
[QUOTE]

No it has multiple speakers..you can see it in the picture...and states in text:

HTC - Products - HTC 7 Pro - Specification

Quote:
You can steam videos off the net net and have it HDMI out on the Evo.
so it is only limited to videos and picture gallery?

Quote:
It was not Sprint's mistake, lol. I had the European unlocked version and it had the same mistake. And that has happened plenty of times, with plenty of phones. The bottom line is, what it says on HTC's website is going to be more reliable than what it says on engadget.
It was a display error on the phone..thats why the mistake was made...and HTC's website had mistakes before too...plus why are you making assumptions that its a mistake...your only looking at GSM version..Sprint version may have it...and HTC released specs saying it does...if you say no it doesn't have it, is that not an excuse in itself? also considering that on the release it says 16gb storage points that it might be a different/alterted device..

Quote:
Again, the Evo has way better specs. Its not even really close. You may prefer the lower specs (or justify them) but it doesn't change the fact that almost every posted spec for this pro 7 is worse than the Evo.
No the device I have has better specs then both of these by far
Old 10-19-2010, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
No it has multiple speakers..you can see it in the picture...and states in text:

HTC - Products - HTC 7 Pro - Specification

so it is only limited to videos and picture gallery?

It was a display error on the phone..thats why the mistake was made...and HTC's website had mistakes before too...plus why are you making assumptions that its a mistake...your only looking at GSM version..Sprint version may have it...and HTC released specs saying it does...if you say no it doesn't have it, is that not an excuse in itself? also considering that on the release it says 16gb storage points that it might be a different/alterted device..

No the device I have has better specs then both of these by far
What you can watch out if the HDMI varies from ROM to ROM. Not sure what the latest stock ROM does because mine is, and has been, rooted. It doesn't matter though, because even if I was locked down with no other options, I would consider it a clear and unquestionable better option than the video out on my touch pro 2. The Touch Pro 2 is SD only, and the cable(s) are way too clunky to carry around with you, and most newer home theater setups don't even have those type of inputs anyway. So again, just because you justify it doesn't mean it isn't a higher spec. HDMI is better than composite, every time.

I'm still not seeing where that pro 7 has 4 (or more) speakers (which is required for surround). Are you sure you're not confusing simulated surround with actual surround? Like I said, you can simulate surround on an Evo too, so that is not an advantage (and I wouldn't even call it a spec). Show me where it has dolby digital, dts, or even old school pro logic. Heck, I can't even see where it has surround at all, or even surround speakers.

And yes, it was a display error on the phone and that is why the error was made. Again, you are trying to justify stuff that needs no justification. HTC's website had the touch pro 2 specs right all along, when engadget and everyone else had it wrong. And even if that had never happened, I would still trust the specs listed on HTC's website more than engadget. If anyone got it right, you can bet it's HTC's website.

Your phone may very well have better specs than the Evo. I am on tapatalk so I can't see if your phone is listed or not, but I'll assume you have an Epic. And I would agree, I'm a fan of the Epic. It's a shame a phone coming out in 6 months will have worse specs and call itself a pro.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work

To take away some confusion. I did confirm HTC - Products - HTC 7 Pro - Specification This is indeed the GSM/Unlocked Version of the phone hence the different talks in specs (fm Radio, Memory, ect.) The pic does show sprint branding on the site but the pic should be showing this version. YouTube - HTC 7 Pro for Sprint Windows Phone 7
Just goes to show htc website has already made a "mistake" on the site so far so take everything on the site with a grain of salt. Also under "Multimedia" You will see on the site the last bullet is the "SRS surround sound" but what is left out is the Dolby Mobile on the site. The Speakers do however use Dolby Mobile in a similar fashion to the HD7 as it has the same speaker system (one speaker on top front and another on the bottom front)

Ok you can continue the strange bashing of the phone.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2l3vin View Post
To take away some confusion. I did confirm HTC - Products - HTC 7 Pro - Specification This is indeed the GSM/Unlocked Version of the phone hence the different talks in specs (fm Radio, Memory, ect.) The pic does show sprint branding on the site but the pic should be showing this version. YouTube - HTC 7 Pro for Sprint Windows Phone 7
Just goes to show htc website has already made a "mistake" on the site so far so take everything on the site with a grain of salt. Also under "Multimedia" You will see on the site the last bullet is the "SRS surround sound" but what is left out is the Dolby Mobile on the site. The Speakers do however use Dolby Mobile in a similar fashion to the HD7 as it has the same speaker system (one speaker on top front and another on the bottom front)

Ok you can continue the strange bashing of the phone.
In that video, I am not seeing the surround speakers. On the one that has surround, it has surround speakers that slide out. This pro 7 does not have them. Perhaps the fact that HTC left that feature out on the website was not a mistake.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro