PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 01:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
For those looking to skin your dialer (TDial 1.1.0, 12-09-07)

Thanks to all of your suggestions, bug reports, donations and help I've finished v1.0 of TDial Designer.
Supported Dialers:
-BlueFrog
-HTC Touch (old and new(wm6 kitchen) versions)
-HTC Vogue

It seems to have most of the kinks worked out and a lot of features added from when I started out on this project.

Both an Installer and Zip version can be downloaded here.

After you save your skin, copy all images to \Windows on your PPC to overwrite the stock images, then soft-reset.
To build these into a ROM in the new WM6 Kitchen, simply copy the images to the Patches folder instead, and choose the appropriate dialer in BuildOS.

For blueFrog users to hide the drawn on digits: (TDial now hides this for you already in the cab version of your saved skin.)
Code:
;Hide blueFrog digits and letters
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\DIALER\LANDSCAPE\dialbutton]
"MajorFlags"=dword:00000400
"MinorFlags"=dword:00000400
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\DIALER\PORTRAIT\dialbutton]
"MajorFlags"=dword:00000400
"MinorFlags"=dword:00000400
To show them again later, you can delete the entries.

For blueFrog/newTouch to change the text color on the progress screen:
Code:
;BlueFrog/new Touch progress text color (white)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\PROGRESS\PORTRAIT\VerbButton]
"textColor"=dword:00ffffff
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\PROGRESS\LANDSCAPE\VerbButton]
"textColor"=dword:00ffffff

--v1.1.1
-Fixed crash when saving a blueFrog theme using HotDigits or HTCHomeDigits.
-Borders are not saved for blueFrog themes using HotDigits or HTCHomeDigits, but it's better than a crash for now.
--v1.1.0
-Fixed problem with landscape progress background showing as portrait when loading a skin.
-Added ability to change the statusbox text color (and dial digits) for portrait and landscape individually. BlueFrog/new Touch only, and you'll need to use the cab version of your saved skin. Eventually you'll be able to change progress button text too as well as set seperate colors for dialer and progress, but for now I need to rework the interface to fit it all in.
--v1.0.9
-A cab file is now created in the same folder the skin is saved to. This can be used as an alternative to copying the files to \Windows.

--v1.0.8
-The Options->Dialer choice is properly checked depending on the mode you are in.
--v1.0.7
-Fixed issue with statusbox not saving in the skin correctly.
-Reworked the smartdial and statusbox code.
-Reworked the button-click code so that the downbutton color is properly displayed in the preview for BlueFrog.
-Smartdial not matching your progress screen if you're using a different background than the dialer screen is not a bug. It's the way the dialer skins. If it doesn't look right, turn the smartdial alpha up to 100%.
--v1.0.6
-Added ability to change bgcolor of downbutton for BlueFrog and new Touch
-Added ability to set different backgrounds for dialer and progress for all dialers supported.
-Added donate link to About.
--v1.0.5
-Fixed status box for blueFrog/new Touch
-Combined bordercolor for down buttons on progress and dialer screens for blueFrog/new Touch because they use the same image for downbutton now anyway.
--v1.0.4
-Now supports new Touch (in WM6 kitchen) and BlueFrog dialers.
Remember to choose the correct dialer in Options->Dialer. It will save in your settings.

--v1.0.3
-Now draws the talk button on the backdrop making it compatible with _old_ Touch and new Vogue dialer.
-Added the glosses created by FRESHMAN.

Things for next release:
-Rework the whole interface. Could be a while before next release but I'm running out of room to put things :P This will allow me to add more settings like progress button textcolor for blueFrog/new Touch, etc.

If you're getting errors when starting the program, install .NET 2.0 or higher.

If any of you are looking for the old method of designing your own skin without the designer interface, I've quoted my old post 2 posts down.

Last edited by tiermann; 05-21-2008 at 11:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Nice job as always tiermann. You give a lot back to this community and it's much appreciated.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
This is the do-it-yourself method for those who don't want to use a designer...

Quote:
For the Touch dialer (like the one in WM6 ROM) only.

Not everyone has the time to skin their dialer with fancy transparent buttons, so I put together a set of generic transparent buttons for everyone. These buttons only have the numbers, letters and a 1 pixel border. There's no background.

Now you can have a nice looking dialer skin with your own background and transparent buttons in only a few mins. Then end result will look something like this...

Step1: Download the image set I put together and unzip it to a new folder.

Step2: To replace the background with your own picture for portrait mode, replace "Dialer_BkgdP.png" and "Progress_BkgdP.png" with your own 240x268 image.

Step3: To replace the background with your own picture for landscape mode, replace "Dialer_BkgdL.png" and "Progress_BkgdL.png" with your own 320x188 image.

Step4: Copy all files to \Windows on your Apache and soft-reset. And you're done.

From now on, to change your background you will only need to copy those 4 custom images to \Windows.

If you want to revert back to the stock dialer skin, I've provided that here.

Thanks Luv

It wasn't entirely selfless though, hehe. I've been getting a lot of requests so thought this would help some just looking for a basic change. Cutting out all those buttons was making me dizzy, but with no real alpha-blending it's the only way to do fancier numbers (like my last post in the "Today Screen" thread).

Last edited by tiermann; 03-01-2008 at 08:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
THX Bro, I think Ill try this out for sure. I got some hot chicks I wanna intergrate in the phone.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
Sweet,
Thanks for sharing your work.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

indoe is keeping up the good workindoe is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by polargoat View Post
very nice tiermann. making an Eva Mendez dialer right now. =) she is friggin HOTTT
you sir get a up for being the smartest man in the world

also thanks tiermann

Last edited by indoe; 09-01-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon

BobC is a n00b
I assume this only works for WM6? Or will it also work for WM5?
Old 09-01-2007, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here a zip with the cab for WM5 and the 4 other files 2 to fix the pink end button and the other PSD for the background to fully pimp it out all thanks to tiermann

and modified cab from Mr. Vi
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=touch+dial

Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC-TouchPAD.zip (777.0 KB, 249 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by indoe; 09-01-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoe View Post
Here a zip with the cab for WM5 and the 4 other files 2 to fix the pink end button and the other PSD for the background to fully pimp it out all thanks to tiermann

and modified cab from Mr. Vi
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=touch+dial
Thanks Indoe. I didn't realize the End button was still pink. I fixed it in the zip in the first post too.

Those screenshots look awesome

PS: More pics people

Last edited by tiermann; 09-01-2007 at 09:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache