PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

stevec5000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which Wi-Fi Card In the 6700?

Windows Mobile 5 lists 8 different network adapters but I can't find any information anywhere telling which one is in the 6700. Does anyone know which one to use? I've tried them all, when I can get them to switch, but none of them seem to work or they will connect but can't do anything.
BTW, how to you get it to switch cards then have it stick? I get a popup message saying to remove the card and insert it but how can I do that? It seems to be fixed as far as I can tell. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

slowputer is a n00b
Re: Which Wi-Fi Card In the 6700?

The Apache has an internal antena for WiFi. Those adapters listed are for external NICs, the drivers seem to be included in WM. To use WiFi all you have to do is go to the Communications Manager and enable WiFi, follow the prompts and done.
The whole story: Motorola Startac, Samsung SPH-200N, Motorola i1000+, Motorola i58sr, Motorola i560, Motorola i920, Audiovox PPC6700, HTC Diamond, HTC EVO 4G
Old 08-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stevec5000 is a n00b

On offense but that can't be true. If all you have to do to get it working is go to the Communications Manager and enable WiFi then were do you put in the IP address if you need one and how do you tell IE to use wi-fi instead of trying to dial?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700
Carrier: SprintPCS

sniffs is a n00b

It cant be true?? The 6700 has ALWAYS had WIFI.. there is absolutely no need to get a wifi adapter for the 6700. All variations have WIFI.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stevec5000 is a n00b

I can't seem to get a straight answer here. Read the question before you answer sniffs. Everyone knows it has wi-fi but which one do you choose to configure in WM5 to get it working? They list 8 different ones but nothing anywhere tells which one it has so how do you choose?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

sniffs, this guy doesn't understand how WiFi Works. When WiFi is on and is conected to your router then the phone will not dial the data line. You can of course delete the data line conection in Settings>Conections>Conections>My ISP so that the phone will never dial that line.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec5000 View Post
I can't seem to get a straight answer here. Read the question before you answer sniffs. Everyone knows it has wi-fi but which one do you choose to configure in WM5 to get it working? They list 8 different ones but nothing anywhere tells which one it has so how do you choose?
You answered right before I submitted my post. It's not very hard to turn on WiFi. Go to the ComManager icon right next to the battery meter and turn on the the WiFi Option, I think in WM5 it's the 1st icon on 2nd row. Then in a few seconds a message will popup and you configure it in that little box. If you have a password then you type it when it asks for it. If you're really stuck I will make a video on how to use WiFi
Old 08-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stevec5000 is a n00b

I found a video on youtube showing how to get wi-fi to connect with WM6 but it won't work on my unit with WM5. I don't have a wi-fi icon in the Connections window so when I open I.E. it still looks for a modem to dial. Anyone have any ideas how to turm off dialing in I.E. since there is no setting to disable it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDI_cR7RXGw
Old 08-07-2008, 08:47 PM
My ROMS On My Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec5000 View Post
I found a video on youtube showing how to get wi-fi to connect with WM6 but it won't work on my unit with WM5. I don't have a wi-fi icon in the Connections window so when I open I.E. it still looks for a modem to dial. Anyone have any ideas how to turm off dialing in I.E. since there is no setting to disable it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDI_cR7RXGw
That was for the problem that the very first version of WM6 had conecting to WPA-PSK for WiFi. I can see that you just don't understand how to do it, you're a noob. That's okay. When I get back from going out to dinner tonight I'll make a video using my other Apache with WM5 on how to do it. I'll post a link to it on YouTube when done. I do have a video on YouTube of me showing WM6 on my phone. It might be of some help till then. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLBDfUqZ9aw Fast foward to 0:51 and you'll see me configuring WiFi. And there is no settinng for connection in IE, it just uses what ever internet connection all the other programs use and is active. If WiFi is on and connected it uses WiFi, if there's no WiFi then it dials a data line if there's one.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 08-07-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, in Steve's defense, there is one active network adapter when WIFI is on that shows the IP addy that it has on your network. It is "tiacxwln compatible wireless ethernet adapter". You can configure with server info DNS/WINS, etc. but you shouldn't have to on a regular home network.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache