PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeagerhood View Post
I have tryed USB transfer. It starts and about halfway it diconnects. The only reason I tryed IR transfer was because USB would disconnect. When it disconnects I have to do a soft reset to get it to sync again.
I have the exact same problem. The device can be connected on Activestink for hours, happy and syncing and all, but once I try to transfer a large file, it stops part way through and then the connection drops. This happens about half the time I try to do file transfers. If I disconnect the phone from USB, it thinks it is still connected and I have to soft reset. Does your do that?

This is a strange issue that apparently just a couple of us are having with this ROM. I've tried all Activestink modes, but it does the same thing. I'm pretty certain it is a quirk with the ROM, because if I revert back to the 1.04 kitchen, I have no problems. I've done reinstalls and hard resets too and it starts doing this immediately (before I load any software).

Just for grins, what software are you running on yours?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UT Starcom ppc6700
Carrier: Sprint

yeagerhood is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to yeagerhood Send a message via AIM to yeagerhood Send a message via MSN to yeagerhood Send a message via Yahoo to yeagerhood
WM6 By helmi c everthing else works well, or i can live with.
Sounds like we are having the same problem. My 6700 says its still connected. If i link up for a sync. Everything sync's. Its only when I transfer mp3 files to my storage card that I have this disconnect problem. I have plantronics 590a wireless bluetooth headset that I listen to mp3s on while I work. I have several mp3s on my card already. It all works great....less the activesync 4.5. It just drops, and says not connected.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeagerhood View Post
WM6 By helmi c everthing else works well, or i can live with.
Sounds like we are having the same problem. My 6700 says its still connected. If i link up for a sync. Everything sync's. Its only when I transfer mp3 files to my storage card that I have this disconnect problem. I have plantronics 590a wireless bluetooth headset that I listen to mp3s on while I work. I have several mp3s on my card already. It all works great....less the activesync 4.5. It just drops, and says not connected.
I wonder if this could be an issue with the storage card -- something unique to our setup. What size/brand of card are you using? If you try to move a big file to main memory, what happens? I'll try the same on mine later and report back.

I haven't done this much lately, because I've taken to just pulling the card out and using a card reader when I need to transfer big files.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Lurker

yeagerhood is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to yeagerhood Send a message via AIM to yeagerhood Send a message via MSN to yeagerhood Send a message via Yahoo to yeagerhood
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefman View Post
I wonder if this could be an issue with the storage card -- something unique to our setup. What size/brand of card are you using? If you try to move a big file to main memory, what happens? I'll try the same on mine later and report back.

I haven't done this much lately, because I've taken to just pulling the card out and using a card reader when I need to transfer big files.
Mini SD 2 gig
SanDisk
I will try some other things this afternoon as well and post back this evening
Old 10-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
How about transferring files directly from the computer to the card via usb and a card reader? That is what I do for large files.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
please help

hi guys. this rom looks sweet. i had no problems installing it, but i cant get sprint to activate my phone. the ESN is fine, but the ## codes the had me enter didn't work. i guess it is different with wm6. i have searched and the only thing ive seen was ##000000 but that didn't work either. can anyone help me?

thanks!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
is there anyway to set up WM6 on a T-Mobile MDA???

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

sigbea01@sprintpcs.com is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by akastixx View Post
hi guys. this rom looks sweet. i had no problems installing it, but i cant get sprint to activate my phone. the ESN is fine, but the ## codes the had me enter didn't work. i guess it is different with wm6. i have searched and the only thing ive seen was ##000000 but that didn't work either. can anyone help me?

thanks!
I activated my 6700 on the original ROM from Sprint then flashed to Helmi's WM6 ROM
Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Lurker

yeagerhood is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
How about transferring files directly from the computer to the card via usb and a card reader? That is what I do for large files.
Ya that works, I just went and got a card reader and set it up. Jamin as I type.
My only other issue with this ROM is.....
When I boot up, sometimes it doesnt load all the way. I have to do a few soft resets to get it to the unlock screen. I'm thinking of just turning off the lock option. I just hate having my phone "open" all the time. Is anyone else having this problem? I have read the 100's of pages on this topic. Maybe I just missed it somewhere.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

surmac is a n00b
Let me start by saying that Helmi_c has made my year. My XV6700 never worked with this well with WM5 from Verizon. Two minor items. First, the transcriber does not appear to be in this build. Is that not in WM6 or just something not included yet? I know there are 3rd party options, but it worked for me. Not worth going back to the soft reset a day world of the Verizion build though.

Second, my phone has a habit of switching from portrait to landscape mode if the keyboard moves so much as 1/2 a mm. Is there a setting to change this or is it just poor design/build quality.

I have to say the HTC includes are so much nicer than the stuff Verizon included.

One last thing, the post that announced the release in August said about the possible inclusion of HTC Touch. Is that still planned? Thanks again to Helmi_c and all the others that contributed to the transformation of my phone in to something useful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development