PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2008, 11:30 PM
TechnoHippie's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 237
Reputation: 95
TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Oook. I manged to get the voip working (for the most part - sound quality isnt not good).

Next thing is I want that cool looking today plugin for it to work. The registry points to voipcanvis.dll or something like that...anyway I checked an I do have such a file.

If I goto the items selection in settings for the today screen, I see it there too. 'internet calling' -- but if I check it, nothing appears on my today screen.

anyone got a workaround / fix for this yet?

thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2008, 04:30 PM
newcowrock's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11
Reputation: 0
newcowrock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

I have the same problem so sorry I don't have answer. Technohippie, Could you tell me how did you test the internet calling even it is not on today's screen, I don't have a clue to do that. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2008, 05:47 PM
TechnoHippie's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 237
Reputation: 95
TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

What I did was install the wm6voip and voipsetup programs when I used the buildOS kitchen thingy. I setup a Gizmo5 account (www.gizmo5.com) and it works, but the volume is very low. I'm lucky enough to be a grandcentral beta tester (www.grandcentral.com) , so between all of these things I end up with free phone service as long as a wifi is around..hehe. You can tell if the voip is working without the today screen by looking at the dialer. It will show whatever you setup in the voipsetup program intead of your service provider (like sprnt or verizon). If you want to now the settings for gizmo5 in the voipsetup, I managed to figure that one out. As for the other voip providers, I dunno, but apparenlty its possible because I got it working here with this one.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 02:53 PM
newcowrock's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11
Reputation: 0
newcowrock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Thank you TechnoHippie, I was travelling and will try again now.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2008, 07:24 PM
sdruid's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT
Location: Metro Atlanta, Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 55
sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie View Post
What I did was install the wm6voip and voipsetup programs when I used the buildOS kitchen thingy. I setup a Gizmo5 account (www.gizmo5.com) and it works, but the volume is very low. I'm lucky enough to be a grandcentral beta tester (www.grandcentral.com) , so between all of these things I end up with free phone service as long as a wifi is around..hehe. You can tell if the voip is working without the today screen by looking at the dialer. It will show whatever you setup in the voipsetup program intead of your service provider (like sprnt or verizon). If you want to now the settings for gizmo5 in the voipsetup, I managed to figure that one out. As for the other voip providers, I dunno, but apparenlty its possible because I got it working here with this one.
hey,
can you get me an invite from "Grandcentral"...
Thanks..
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2008, 07:33 PM
TechnoHippie's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 237
Reputation: 95
TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

I wish I could. I got 10 of them a few days after I signed up, and had 3 of them left. A few weeks ago, that part of the webpage disappeared. I found out that google took away all the invites and now there is no way to get in. Really ticked me off too cause I didn't get to give away my last 3..grrrr. Hopefully they'll let some more people in soon. What I'd really like to know is how they plan to actually make money with the thing.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2008, 08:06 PM
sdruid's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT
Location: Metro Atlanta, Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 55
sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

what are the settings to use for Voip using Gizmo ?

Thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2008, 03:30 AM
TechnoHippie's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 237
Reputation: 95
TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Sorry it took so long to reply... here ya go:

In SIP settings tab:

Provider Name: (anything ya want)
UserAccount: 1747xxxxxxx <-yer gizmo number
Password: <- yer gizmo password
Registar address: proxy01.sipphone.com
port: 5060
UDP
Proxy Address: prox01.sipphone.com
port: 5060
UDS
URI address: sip:1747xxxxxxx@proxy01.sipphone.com:5060

In OPTIONS tab:

Outgoing calls using voIP: Whenever available
select the "enable voIP over 3G

hit done.

Now do anything that causes your phone to connect to the internet (like open a browser window)...then open the phone dialer. At the top of the phone dialer you'll see the name you selected (the 1st step here where you selected "provider name".

The only issue I've had is that its very difficult to hear the other caller, and obviously it works better with wifi if you have a fast dsl or cable connection to use. The sound is so low that the only way I can even hear the other caller is to use my bluetooth earpiece and be in a quite area.

I've also got gizmo5 account woking with the pocket pc version sjphone. It was more of a pain in the *** to setup, but the sound quality is excellent. Problem is that it uses 100% of your CPU to run the thing, and it uses the external speaker. I installed BT toggle and use bluetooth with it and it seems to work quite well.

What ticks me off besides the 100% cpu usage and the external speaker is that it's not using the native dialer either, so voice command and all that doesnt work. As you can imagine there are countless reasons it'd be better to use the internal dialer and voIP.

I don't understand why the sound quality is so different, only thing I can figure is that they're using different codecs - and I've attempted to install other codecs and manually editing the ipdialplan.xml file (I think that's the name of it) trying to get the low audio volume fixed, but thus far no luck. There is a thread on howardforms that has over 150 posts in it, and I've read the whole thing several times. Thus far I just haven't figured out how get the audio fixed to where it's 100% pracitial.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2008, 10:36 PM
sdruid's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT
Location: Metro Atlanta, Georgia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 55
sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie View Post
Sorry it took so long to reply... here ya go:

In SIP settings tab:

Provider Name: (anything ya want)
UserAccount: 1747xxxxxxx <-yer gizmo number
Password: <- yer gizmo password
Registar address: proxy01.sipphone.com
port: 5060
UDP
Proxy Address: prox01.sipphone.com
port: 5060
UDS
URI address: sip:1747xxxxxxx@proxy01.sipphone.com:5060

In OPTIONS tab:

Outgoing calls using voIP: Whenever available
select the "enable voIP over 3G

hit done.

Now do anything that causes your phone to connect to the internet (like open a browser window)...then open the phone dialer. At the top of the phone dialer you'll see the name you selected (the 1st step here where you selected "provider name".

The only issue I've had is that its very difficult to hear the other caller, and obviously it works better with wifi if you have a fast dsl or cable connection to use. The sound is so low that the only way I can even hear the other caller is to use my bluetooth earpiece and be in a quite area.

I've also got gizmo5 account woking with the pocket pc version sjphone. It was more of a pain in the *** to setup, but the sound quality is excellent. Problem is that it uses 100% of your CPU to run the thing, and it uses the external speaker. I installed BT toggle and use bluetooth with it and it seems to work quite well.

What ticks me off besides the 100% cpu usage and the external speaker is that it's not using the native dialer either, so voice command and all that doesnt work. As you can imagine there are countless reasons it'd be better to use the internal dialer and voIP.

I don't understand why the sound quality is so different, only thing I can figure is that they're using different codecs - and I've attempted to install other codecs and manually editing the ipdialplan.xml file (I think that's the name of it) trying to get the low audio volume fixed, but thus far no luck. There is a thread on howardforms that has over 150 posts in it, and I've read the whole thing several times. Thus far I just haven't figured out how get the audio fixed to where it's 100% pracitial.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!
Are you sure the settings are correct, I couldn't make a call out using it ?
Does it support voip calls over WIFI, or is it just 3G ?
Is it just for outgoing calls only, or both in and out ?

Thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2008, 03:08 PM
TechnoHippie's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 237
Reputation: 95
TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 - voIP - today screen plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
Are you sure the settings are correct, I couldn't make a call out using it ?
Does it support voip calls over WIFI, or is it just 3G ?
Is it just for outgoing calls only, or both in and out ?

Thanks...
hmmm. Mine seems to work with both WiFi and 3G, both incomming and outgoing calls.

Are you dialing 1+areacode+number? I tested mine initally by dialing 18005551212.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com