PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had a grease fire in the kitchen last night lol. I cooked a ROM and flashed it to my device. I got the appache screen then BAM a white screen. But through the white screen appeared my crosshair for the screen setup. I set the screen then the time and a box popped up saying wxtask could not load button_image or something to that effect. Incidentally I wrote exactly what it said and the paper is laying on my desk at home. Anyway the screen went to what was supposed to be my today screen which looked really strange with lines all over. I can't describe what it looked like but it was unreadable. Anyway I tried several ROMS with almost everthing removed , including wktask, and had the same result. So I cooked a ROM with vzguys kitchen to get me through the day since I work 24 hour shifts. So tommorrow I will reinstall the kitchen and try again. The only thing I changed, which may be the culprit, was I added a couple of ringtones in the additional ringtone folder in the OEM_user folder. I think I added a sound as well to the sounds folder. I just wanted to test if I could add my own ringtones during flash. Let me know if this is what burned my kitchen to the ground.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not so much a bug as a question...

So I built a rom, it all worked nice, it launched the installer, and the installer gave me the "not for this device" error... no biggie, just copied everything over to the noId installer and it went fine, but I did recall at least one time where the regular installer actually worked (the one where you didn't have to put the device into bootloader first)

Bootloader 2.02 I think

This is a sprint device. Am I just misremembering?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Ditch Doctor

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I wish I still had that on my device but I removed it last night. Sorry but that was where my problem was and I had the exact issue you described. Maybe someone else can help. Also try the Palm SMS thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7769. Hope you get help there.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I had a grease fire in the kitchen last night lol. I cooked a ROM and flashed it to my device. I got the appache screen then BAM a white screen. But through the white screen appeared my crosshair for the screen setup. I set the screen then the time and a box popped up saying wxtask could not load button_image or something to that effect. Incidentally I wrote exactly what it said and the paper is laying on my desk at home. Anyway the screen went to what was supposed to be my today screen which looked really strange with lines all over. I can't describe what it looked like but it was unreadable. Anyway I tried several ROMS with almost everthing removed , including wktask, and had the same result. So I cooked a ROM with vzguys kitchen to get me through the day since I work 24 hour shifts. So tommorrow I will reinstall the kitchen and try again. The only thing I changed, which may be the culprit, was I added a couple of ringtones in the additional ringtone folder in the OEM_user folder. I think I added a sound as well to the sounds folder. I just wanted to test if I could add my own ringtones during flash. Let me know if this is what burned my kitchen to the ground.
That is a classic "ROM was too big" symptom. Try deleting all the other stuff from the additional sounds, themes, and ringtones (there is already quite a bit in those three folders) and put your stuff in (how big are the files you're adding) and build again.

I have never seen a different cause for the white screen issue. I would bet money that your ROM was too full.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Not so much a bug as a question...

So I built a rom, it all worked nice, it launched the installer, and the installer gave me the "not for this device" error... no biggie, just copied everything over to the noId installer and it went fine, but I did recall at least one time where the regular installer actually worked (the one where you didn't have to put the device into bootloader first)

Bootloader 2.02 I think

This is a sprint device. Am I just misremembering?
Vista or XP? Was the phone booted up into WinMob or did you put it in bootloader mode before you started? Did you try running the RUU again after getting that message? Are you positive that was your bootloader version?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolaus View Post
It would be cool if the OEMs could be added to a SVN repository so advanced users could just do a get latest and only download the updated OEMs. It could be set to auto package everything into a downloadable .rar once a week or so for those users who didn't want to screw with SVN.
I already have them on a svn, but it's hosted on my own connection and therefore I've only given access to a very few people.

It has worked out very well (the kitchen itself was put on one also) but I just don't have the kind of bandwidth to support making it public. Ideally when Mike moves PPCGeeks to a dedicated server (no ETA on that) we could install svn there and be able to have official repositories for stuff. But as well as a lot of transfer allocation, the connection really needs synchronous up and down speeds to be effective.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Ditch Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
That is a classic "ROM was too big" symptom. Try deleting all the other stuff from the additional sounds, themes, and ringtones (there is already quite a bit in those three folders) and put your stuff in (how big are the files you're adding) and build again.

I have never seen a different cause for the white screen issue. I would bet money that your ROM was too full.
Is it common for the screen setup options to still be visable? The white screen issues I have seen in the forums was white screen and thats it. Mine actually proceeded to the today screen. I could click the start button and anything I wanted to do. It kept saying something about theme not found choose another. I tried to choose another theme but the could not because it had me search on storage card for theme files. Would not show windows folder to choose theme. Sorry I forgot to put thatinfo into other post. I did remove the ringtones I added and almost everything else. I had the very bare minimum check to add and it still did not work.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
Activesync is being a btich. But Ill get it working

I also had the problem with the white screen, then it would show the today page, just before popping up the wktask png file not found. reflash took care of that.

Is there a way to disable the auto align. I need to be able to align the screen or I cant get to the teir autoinstaller
Old 11-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Is it common for the screen setup options to still be visable? The white screen issues I have seen in the forums was white screen and thats it. Mine actually proceeded to the today screen. I could click the start button and anything I wanted to do. It kept saying something about theme not found choose another. I tried to choose another theme but the could not because it had me search on storage card for theme files. Would not show windows folder to choose theme. Sorry I forgot to put thatinfo into other post. I did remove the ringtones I added and almost everything else. I had the very bare minimum check to add and it still did not work.
Did you include the "Additional Themes" OEM? If so that could be the culprit--especially if you deleted the HTC_default.tsk file but did not change the rgu file (which is pre-set to try to load that tsk as the default).

And those of you having space issues in general should check to see if you're including the Additional_Ringtones, Additional_Themes, and Addtional_Sounds OEMs. If so you should really go into each of those folders (they are in User_OEM) and delete out the things you won't use.

By default:

Additional Themes is 1.08MB
Additional Ringtones is 332KB
Additional Sounds is 227KB

The themes one especially could/should be pared down--there are a lot of themes on there, and frankly you can store all the themes you're not currently using on your SD card. IMHO, themes in a ROM are kind of a waste of space.

The benefit of that additional_themes OEM though is that it will set a theme up for you as the default if you put that theme's file name into the rgu file (open it up--you'll see where it goes).
Old 11-06-2007, 05:52 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Vista or XP? Was the phone booted up into WinMob or did you put it in bootloader mode before you started? Did you try running the RUU again after getting that message? Are you positive that was your bootloader version?
Lemme verify:

XP - initial attempt with the "just build it and continue" installer, phone was booted into windows mobile, and connected via activesync (you know, as if I were doing an OEM Sprint Rom Update)

This is my standard XP vmware image running under linux that I have been doing all my kitchens in, nothing changed there.

After I got the message, I just assumed I needed to go with the noid version, so I did - including putting the 6700 into bootloader first...

Lemme check right now for the version...

Yep, when I put it into bootloader doing power-notes-reset it's 2.02

It's not a biggie - was more of a question of "should it have worked".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development