PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 06:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV-6700
Carrier: Verizon

jsavin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jsavin Send a message via MSN to jsavin Send a message via Yahoo to jsavin Send a message via Skype™ to jsavin
phone rings again, but I don't know why

So after about three hours of messing around with it last night, and maybe 6 or 8 reflashes, my phone is ringing again. Unfortunately I have no idea why it's working now, in spite of the fact that I tried to be really systematic about figuring out what the problem was.

I started off with my original OEM selections, removing them one-by-one, reflashing, and testing the ringer.

At some point, I think after removing the big-button dialer, it rang but only after a long delay. But as it turned out, that was probably a fluke.

In the end, I ended up flashing with almost exactly the same thing I had before, but with MS Voice Command instead of Voice commander (which was smaller storage-wise, but I didn't like much). I removed a couple of games, and the extra sounds and themes, in order to make the space up.

All through the process, I was doing the *228 trick to program the phone (Verizon's provisioning tool), so it's probably possible that this is what fixed the problem.

Even after the phone started ringing, I found it took a long time, so I applied the slot-cycle hack (set it to 1) so it would be more responsive.

And now I have a phone that rings in responsive fashion, but I still don't know why it didn't ring in the first place.

I do have the two selections.txt files, and saved all my custom OEMs that were used on the original one that wasn't working. I'd be happy to share these if anyone working on the kitcken, on the OEMizer, or on BuildOS wants to have a look.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Lurker

uhaulkid is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardoc64 View Post
I agree with GGuruusa, It has to be something in a today screen app. Probably the HTC Home. I assume you don't have a program like SPB Pocket Plus that has a safe mode boot. I'd say it's a problem with the startup programs and the order they start hanging up something. Give us some more info-build selections,etc to work with. The more information we get the better we can help. You could also reflash with the default selections of the kitchen to see if that fixes it, and start over again.
well i changed the rom arond and it booted up fine but now the start button juist blinks wheni hit it, also the today screen buttons dont seem to be wortking right, they seem to bne out of line a bit and others maybe running in the background. i know that sounds weird but if i hit a psrt of the screen wheres theres nothing it opens a program. im going to redo the rom read each thing i load and try again. now it boots but some things dont work right, its got to be what i have loaeded onto it, ill post back what happens when i reload and what i loaded if it does not work, thank you much...
Old 01-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
jsavin -please post your selections.txts

uhaulkid - yes, that's frequently a problem of incompatible things being loaded. Usually I see problems like that when I bake two programs that have overlapping functionality (like multiple close button apps). If you can reduce it to 2 programs that shouldn't be loaded together, we can make a permanent fix.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV-6700

sent17inel is a n00b
i accosionally have to realign the stylus... u sure ur screen taps are just not aligned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulkid View Post
well i changed the rom arond and it booted up fine but now the start button juist blinks wheni hit it, also the today screen buttons dont seem to be wortking right, they seem to bne out of line a bit and others maybe running in the background. i know that sounds weird but if i hit a psrt of the screen wheres theres nothing it opens a program. im going to redo the rom read each thing i load and try again. now it boots but some things dont work right, its got to be what i have loaeded onto it, ill post back what happens when i reload and what i loaded if it does not work, thank you much...
Old 01-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6700

Ezekielj007 is a n00b
Need Help with S2U2

I selected the S2U2 option in the kitchen and everything is loaded perfectly but I can't seem to figure out how to change the picture of the tulip as the background. I read through a lot of A_C's thread on the other board but I can't seem to be able to change it. I don't see S2U2 in my program files on my phone to add a background. can anyone lend a hand in this?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekielj007 View Post
I selected the S2U2 option in the kitchen and everything is loaded perfectly but I can't seem to figure out how to change the picture of the tulip as the background. I read through a lot of A_C's thread on the other board but I can't seem to be able to change it. I don't see S2U2 in my program files on my phone to add a background. can anyone lend a hand in this?
Yes, nothing you checked in the kitchen gets installed in Program Files unless it had to be there to make it work. The file you are looking for is Wallpaper.jpg in \Windows\GFX\

For landscape, that file is WallpaperL.jpg in the same folder.

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6700

Ezekielj007 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
Yes, nothing you checked in the kitchen gets installed in Program Files unless it had to be there to make it work. The file you are looking for is Wallpaper.jpg in \Windows\GFX\

For landscape, that file is WallpaperL.jpg in the same folder.

I FOUND IT! Thanks a lot for you help. I was looking all over for that file.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MagisterMY is a n00b
Hey Folks!

Sorry if this one has been replied to (and I am sure it has IIRC), but after reading 300 pages here b4 cooking, I made a DOC file with about 80 pages of things I found important from the 300 pages read...

after cooking my first rom, (thanks to everyone here!!!) everytime I have tried to make another rom, I get the following error message:

cannot find file c:\buildos\temp\dump\album\imageinfo.bin

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling etc. I have done several searches here without luck, as I don't want to go through all of the pages again...

Anyone help?

Thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagisterMY View Post
Hey Folks!

Sorry if this one has been replied to (and I am sure it has IIRC), but after reading 300 pages here b4 cooking, I made a DOC file with about 80 pages of things I found important from the 300 pages read...

after cooking my first rom, (thanks to everyone here!!!) everytime I have tried to make another rom, I get the following error message:

cannot find file c:\buildos\temp\dump\album\imageinfo.bin

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling etc. I have done several searches here without luck, as I don't want to go through all of the pages again...

Anyone help?

Thanks
You have a problem with a bad OEM. One of your OEMs has a folder called Album in it, and that folder is improper for an OEM. My guess is it's in an OEM you tried to make yourself.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MagisterMY is a n00b
Thanks GGURU!

I did try add a couple of oems I found here. I guess I will go back to basics & try again.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this build! It has truly given me some fun.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development